Respected Contributor

Anyone able to use eyeliner pencil on lower inner lash line and it doesn't come off going on to your contacts?  

What product do you use for the lower inner eye area and also I have seem some doing this on the top lash line.  

The few products I have tried all come off and get on my contacts...then I must remove the contacts and clean them...clean off the pencil and forget about it!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Contacts & Tight Lining ?

My eyes did that when they were severely dry (they are down to moderately dry now). I've been on Restasis and it's helped a lot. I've found my eyeliner does not stick to my contacts anymore.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@morganjen  I do not have dry eye issues....eye health is good.

Frequent Contributor

I wear contacts. I only tight line on the top but have great success with black Almay liquid liner. You could also try taking a tiny brush dipped into your mascara wand. Mascara as eyeliner was something I believe Bobbi Brown discovered once in a pinch!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I was Sasha wrote:
I wear contacts. I only tight line on the top but have great success with black Almay liquid liner. You could also try taking a tiny brush dipped into your mascara wand. Mascara as eyeliner was something I believe Bobbi Brown discovered once in a pinch!

@I was Sasha   Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in a Pot was discovered by her using waterproof mascara on a brush as liner. She doesn't recommend that since mascara wands are pumped into the tube and by month 2 are not sterile enough to be on the inside lash line. I use the BB waterproof Gel Liner in pot to tight line upper lash line. Most women will close in the eye (make the eye smaller) if they line inside the lower lash line. A lighter touch of liner under the eye, with a pencil or shadow in a lighter shade that top liner, gives definition and a larger look to the eye. To open the eye further, I use a white/beige pencil inside the lower lash line. Tarte makes one just for that purpose. 

Contributor

I wear contacts and have worn Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner for tightlining my upper eyelids for years and have never had a problem with it transferring.  I don't do the bottom as I think it seems to make my eyes look smaller. I purchase it from Ulta.