Trusted Contributor

Anybody's face sting this time of year?

I notice that my face stings a bit when I apply my skincare.  I'm wondering if it's because it's winter here and cold and my skin is very dry.  I am very gentle with my skin, pat, never rub. I do use a clarisonic but with the most gentle facebrush.  Any thoughts?   Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody's face sting this time of year?

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I notice that my face stings a bit when I apply my skincare.  I'm wondering if it's because it's winter here and cold and my skin is very dry.  I am very gentle with my skin, pat, never rub. I do use a clarisonic but with the most gentle facebrush.  Any thoughts?   Thanks! 

That seems likely. I don't really live in a place where that's an issue this time of year. It was 80 degrees on Monday, 42 degrees on Tuesday, and it's 50 right now. I haven't even had to turn my central heating on at home.

Honored Contributor

Yes it does, i haveto be careful what face wash i use when it does,my cerave,even burns when i use it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Mine will start to sting if I have been outside any length of time on a cold or windy day in the winter.  I always back off of excessive exfoliation, and I find it helpful if I use some of Josie Maran's argon oil before going to bed at night.  I try to wear a scarf pulled up on my cheeks if at all possible to help with chapping.

Contributor

Mine sure does, especially with cleansers. I've yet to find one this time of year that doesn't sting, cleans my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out. I thought I was losing my mind when my moisturizer did the same thing. Best one I have found so far is the Eucerin Q10 Antiwrinkle Cream for a moisturizer. I'm about ready to give up on a cleanser. 

Trusted Contributor

@bluecrab33  I use Simple facial foaming cleanser.  I love their products as they are great for sensitive skin and contain no bad ingredients.  You can usually find Simple products at Walmart, Walgreens, places like that. Check out their website Simpleskincare.com. It has all their products. Good Luck! 

Esteemed Contributor

My skin hates the cold and wind.  I have to use a moisturizer am and pm.  Clinique makes a great product called Cityblock that I used to buy to protect my skin.  It helped.

Contributor

Just checked out the Simple Kind To Skin Moisturizing Facial Wash. I'm definitely headed out for that tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

My face has been very sensitive lately. In the summer, I have no problem but this winter it's horrible. I'm able to use an exfoliator in the summer but though my skin feels rough, I can't now. I have used Tacha finely milled rice powder and it does wonders. When my face is really sensitive, I use a water cream afterwards, most cosmetic lines have them available. Nothing very strong this time of year. Hope your face feels better soon.

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

It could be the Clarisonic making you itch. Even with a gentle brush head. I used to be able to use it twice a day every day but I developed some redbess.sensitivity and it irritates me too much for everyday so I cut back to a few times per week.  My skin has improved with less usage (even though I really want to use it every day 2x for the cleansing aspect). Maybe leave it aside for a few days and see if it helps at all.