Valued Contributor
I know everyone is different but I don't like PTR and would consider trying CB before anything from his line.
Occasional Contributor

I have been looking to buy a good retinol product. I just ordered Pauls Choice retinol to try. I was so tempted with the TS retinol product from Consult beute. How do you really know if it has 3% retinol in the product? I didn't see anything in written form that said 3%. Wouldn't you think if that is a big selling point that they would have it somewhere on the listing. Waiting on the PC retinol now, so will give it a try and maybe see what the reviews are on the Consult Beaute retinol. So glad for all the chatter here on the Q!

Honored Contributor

@Harleymama wrote:

But no side effects like a perscription

I have very sensitive skin and can use, a few times a week, Retin A.  I alternate with PTR.  

Consult Beaute has fragrance added.  Plus, the cream was in a big jar.  That would encourage bacteria to develop plus it's not a vehicle for product stability.  I wasn't in the least bit interested in this TSV.  Get PTR Retinol Fusion or Retin A.  Dr. Gross also makes a good one as does Roc and Neutrogena.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

There is not anything in this line that has any interest to me.  Usually I can watch any skincare or color cosmetic presentations but these 2 vendors are very unappealing to me. 

Heather especially just comes across as very haughty and honestly I'm not sure why both of them need to be there.  Sometimes I get the feeling Heather thinks she's the one that knows more about the products than he does.  

Contributor

@Chisos wrote:
Thanks everyone for your input that's what makes this forum fun and informative.

I've never even been interested in Consult until they did the retinol so this has been interesting. Did anyone decide to order it?

I ordered it Chisos.... that and a ton of other skincare items from QVC and Evine!!! I really outdid myself last week! I need to hang my head in shame!!

Honored Contributor

Heather DuBrow was beyond annoying on those shows.  I watched a few minutes of several shows, and she truly thinks she is the developer of this line.   

She isn't even a medical assistant or esthetician so she has very little idea of what she is talking about.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Paula's Choice has excellent reviews with her 1% Retinol with only one bad saying she flaked and dried out. One said better than PTR which she used. 

I'm using Dr. Gross and when this is gone, I'm going to look at more of Paula's reviews and try it. Dr. Gross is, IMO, over priced, although very good and never any problem with it.

Trusted Contributor

where are people getting these percentages of retinol? The Evine site does not list any of their retinol products with a percentage in the ingredient tab.

0.5% to 1% is considered safe, anything above 1% is considered clinical. I don't see 3% anywhere as that would be higher than prescription strength and burn the H*ll out of your skin. 

From Paula's Choice website"

powerhouse dose of 1% retinol combined with vitamin C, peptides, antioxidants, and plant-based anti-irritants. This sheer lotion formula tackles your toughest aging concerns. In fact, 1% retinol is essentially equivalent to a prescription retinoid product that contains 0.02% tretinoin. Tretinoin is the most potent form of retinoid. (Retinoid is the name for all forms of vitamin A.) This formula is suitable for all skin types, and is especially ideal for normal to dry skin. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

@cactusjack wrote:

PTR has a new retinol serum with 3%

its at Sephora right now, so should come to the Q eventually...

that says Professional 3% retinoid, not retinol, can't believe this is OTC and not Rx. I'd be scared to put that on my face. I am pretty sure it would burn and peel.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Harleymama wrote:

But no side effects like a perscription

I have very sensitive skin and can use, a few times a week, Retin A.  I alternate with PTR.  

Consult Beaute has fragrance added.  Plus, the cream was in a big jar.  That would encourage bacteria to develop plus it's not a vehicle for product stability.  I wasn't in the least bit interested in this TSV.  Get PTR Retinol Fusion or Retin A.  Dr. Gross also makes a good one as does Roc and Neutrogena.  

I noticed the finger dipping action too...