Respected Contributor
I just saw their new products to be on the 21st...seems they are designing more supplements, like Beet product, and some chocolate chews. I'm kind of disappointed. Meanwhile the skincare is the same, but priced higher. I love the Regenerol line, but if this keeps up...I'm out. Besides twice, the jars of creams have a huge air pocket, with less product. I measured it, and wrote in again. It will NOT be addressed. Maybe they want to get a supplement line going. Not for me. I'm disappointed.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Consult beaute changes....

They just said tonight they are launching an adjunct line called Consult Health.

They are big proponents of trearting your sking from the outside AND the inside (which is true, for sure, "you are what you eat") so a health food line does not surprise me. But I have Andrew Lessman for that, so we shall see what they come up with.

HOWEVER>>>>I am SO excited to try their "Primo Beets"!! I have been taking pure beet powder for a while now, and it is so expensive (to get quality beet powder).

Also, I hate beets with a passion, but with all the new research on how good they are for you, I pinch my nose and chug it just to get it down.

Consult added some ginger and tumeric, coconut oil, and another fruit. It looks promising that it might taste good Smiley Happy

I have not tried their skincare. I trust Dr. D, but there are only so many skin care products I can try. I also know now that there really is not a "miracle skincare" line out there. They all have basically the same ingredients. I like SKINN, and ISOMERS.  I don't think I will ever try their line.

Health products though, I will pick and choose.

They are launching the health line in July.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see CB is on the beet band wagon. There  are alot of ingredients in this product and pretty pricy for the amount. Not sure you need all that stuff. I buy beet powder from a local place that in 100% organic, gmo free, none of the extra stuff and cost $11 for 1 pound. also can mix it in any liquid; I put it in my smoothies. they process just the beet and root: I prefer to use the beet greens in my meals or in my smoothies too. This place is near me in WA state, so I get it in no time.  Here is the description of what I use.

Beet Root ( Organically Grown - powder) Made in the USA

Also Known As - Beta vulgaris ruba

Organically Grown Harvest - Cultivated in Elbe, Washington - USA. Our herbs is grown organically, fertilized with organic manure from our own chickens, rabbits and little kinder goats, and watered from our private well linked to the glaciers of Mt. Rainier and filtered into the Nisqually River. Our herbs are hand picked, dried meticulously analyzed, test for freshness, aroma and taste before we package and deliver to you.

Overview -  The common garden beet is a plant we all know and some of us love for the deep red tuber greens that taste similar to spinach. The cultivation of beets dates all the way back to the 8th century B.C. in the Mediterranean and has hybridized for different growth characteristics. Different kinds of Chard are related to beets, grown for their leaves as well as the Sugar Beet, which began being cultivated commercially in Germany in the 18th century when it was discovered that it had a very high sucrose content and was a great source for table sugar. All the various cultures that have ever cultivated beets prized them for their nutritive and medicinal properties. In Eastern Europe Beet Soup is very common and the author was raised on a delicious one made by his Polish Grandmother!

Medicinal Uses - Beets are a good source of various minerals and vitamins. Throughout history it has been used as both a food and a medicine and in various written histories it is noted for supporting healthy blood, cardiovascular function, digestion and even its use as an aphrodisiac. Such a dense source of vitamins and minerals is sure to benefit those consuming it on a regular basis and there has been some clinical research done to validate the health giving effects. One study sparked by interest in the presence of organic nitrates in Beetroot looked at the effect on blood pressure in healthy men and women drinking beetroot juice. The results were positive and have initiated more research.

Active Constituents - Beta Carotene, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc.

Parts Used - The dried root, powdered. May be administered directly, whipped into a smoothie or drink, or sprinkled on food.

Preparations - One teaspoon of beet root powder is equivalent to one beet. You can use one – two teaspoons up to four times a day. Beet powder may be encapsulated. You can mix 1 teaspoon of beet root powder with water, milk or juice. You can put 1-2 teaspoons with milk and ice in a blender and make a smoothie. You can even add fruit to the smoothie!

Precautions - None. Maximum safe dosages for young children, pregnant or nursing mothers, or those with severe liver or kidney disease have not been established, but there are no reports of any side effects from the use of the product.

Disclaimer - The information presented herein by Mountain Maus’ Remedies is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.

Honored Contributor

Regarding beets - I enjoy pickled beets and roasted fresh beets from time to time, but in order to get them in my daily diet, I've found it easier to take the beet root powder in capsule supplement form.  I get them from Vitacost.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I see CB is on the beet band wagon. There  are alot of ingredients in this product and pretty pricy for the amount. Not sure you need all that stuff. I buy beet powder from a local place that in 100% organic, gmo free, none of the extra stuff and cost $11 for 1 pound. also can mix it in any liquid; I put it in my smoothies. they process just the beet and root: I prefer to use the beet greens in my meals or in my smoothies too. This place is near me in WA state, so I get it in no time.  Here is the description of what I use.

Beet Root ( Organically Grown - powder) Made in the USA

Also Known As - Beta vulgaris ruba

Organically Grown Harvest - Cultivated in Elbe, Washington - USA. Our herbs is grown organically, fertilized with organic manure from our own chickens, rabbits and little kinder goats, and watered from our private well linked to the glaciers of Mt. Rainier and filtered into the Nisqually River. Our herbs are hand picked, dried meticulously analyzed, test for freshness, aroma and taste before we package and deliver to you.

Overview -  The common garden beet is a plant we all know and some of us love for the deep red tuber greens that taste similar to spinach. The cultivation of beets dates all the way back to the 8th century B.C. in the Mediterranean and has hybridized for different growth characteristics. Different kinds of Chard are related to beets, grown for their leaves as well as the Sugar Beet, which began being cultivated commercially in Germany in the 18th century when it was discovered that it had a very high sucrose content and was a great source for table sugar. All the various cultures that have ever cultivated beets prized them for their nutritive and medicinal properties. In Eastern Europe Beet Soup is very common and the author was raised on a delicious one made by his Polish Grandmother!

Medicinal Uses - Beets are a good source of various minerals and vitamins. Throughout history it has been used as both a food and a medicine and in various written histories it is noted for supporting healthy blood, cardiovascular function, digestion and even its use as an aphrodisiac. Such a dense source of vitamins and minerals is sure to benefit those consuming it on a regular basis and there has been some clinical research done to validate the health giving effects. One study sparked by interest in the presence of organic nitrates in Beetroot looked at the effect on blood pressure in healthy men and women drinking beetroot juice. The results were positive and have initiated more research.

Active Constituents - Beta Carotene, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc.

Parts Used - The dried root, powdered. May be administered directly, whipped into a smoothie or drink, or sprinkled on food.

Preparations - One teaspoon of beet root powder is equivalent to one beet. You can use one – two teaspoons up to four times a day. Beet powder may be encapsulated. You can mix 1 teaspoon of beet root powder with water, milk or juice. You can put 1-2 teaspoons with milk and ice in a blender and make a smoothie. You can even add fruit to the smoothie!

Precautions - None. Maximum safe dosages for young children, pregnant or nursing mothers, or those with severe liver or kidney disease have not been established, but there are no reports of any side effects from the use of the product.

Disclaimer - The information presented herein by Mountain Maus’ Remedies is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.

What brand do you use? Thanks

Honored Contributor

We include pickled beets in our salad every night with dinner, look for the brands that use sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.

Trusted Contributor

Beet root powder is super expensive depending on what part of the beet they use. Using the whole beet (roots, bulb, and greens) provides more than what yiu get from taking only the root, or only the green, or only the body (is it a vegetable?)....anyway, I am just reading research on it and that is how I understand it.

It is a powerful food, interesting it is REAL FOOD lol! Grown in the ground, of all things. Imagine that Smiley Happy (just being funny)

I buy it from Amazon from  "Bulk Supplement" company, and it is just the root. It is pure beet root,nothing else and it is $19.99.

I struggle to get it down, gag, there is nothing one can do to disguise the "dirt taste". Even in smoothies the taste comes through.

I am going to try Concult's Primo Beet. Browsng other beet products on Amazon, some are way up there in price.

So, since it is on special because they are in town, I will try it. I it is going to be more expensive when they "officially launch" in July. I want to see if A) it tastes better and B) does using the whole beet really make a difference in the energy and alertness boost beets give.

Eating beets is like trying to choke down liver to me. I finally resorted to freeze dried liver in pill form. I couldn't get the liver in without getting sick.

@wagirl Does the company you get it from ship? What is the name? You said yours is organic. The powder I buy is pure, but does not state oragnic. I look for organic. (even though Consult's does not say organic either, so that's a bummer).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy my certified organic beet root powder from pipingrock dot com. A 1-pound bag on sale right now for $12, but it's sold out right now. Regular price is around $16-17.

FYI...about "organic"...just because a product is labeled organic doesn't mean it is non-gmo or has no pesticides. To have a product that is non-gmo and have no pesticides then a product has to be labeled with a USDA certified label on the product and not simply say it's "organic".

Honored Contributor

gabs---yes this company ships. Go  to ---mountainmausremedies.com

They offer many things online. I seriously don't taste the beet powder in my smoothies. I put it into my hot choc too. But I like beets and use the fresh ones raw in my smoothies when  I have them. Beets are good for your liver too. Let me know what you think.