Contributor

Re: Confused about Tweakd

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I see that a lot of you have experience in using Tweaked shampoo and conditioner. I am loving all the products in this line, but have noticed that my shower floor and tub gets so dirty when I use them in my hair. What am I doing wrong? I hope it is not going to clog my drain.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

I use the rejuvenating treatment oil and really like that: https://www.qvc.com/Tweakd-by-Nature-Restorative-Hair-3-piece-Collection.product.A352115.html.

I had a cowlick/hair loss forming near the crown and my hairdresser agrees it's better.  Adding the treatment oil is the only change I made.  

Frequent Contributor

I love all the Tweakd products.  When I first saw this line with Denis, I decided to buy one of just about everything, and return the things that didn't work for me.  Well, everything worked.  Kept it all, and my finances took quite a hit that month.

I think the essence of Tweakd, or the philosophy behind the products, is pretty much the same across the products.  There are many products because people like different formats -- some people like the treatment cream, which is several products in one;  others prefer a separate shampoo, conditioner, etc.  I kept everything I purchased because I like a little variety from time to time but still wanted to stay with the Tweakd idea.

If you want to start small, how about the scrub and the treatment cream?  And maybe one styling product.  Depends on what your hair is like and what you're trying to achieve,  

Respected Contributor

I'm sure you're going to get different opinions on what people like and don't, so you'll have to figure out what is best for you.  Tweak'd makes a number of products.

I've used mostly the Treatments -- Restore (I think that is the treatment cream most are talking about) -- which I mostly use as a pre-treatment on dry hair (I have NO problem with that and my hairdresser also recommended it), Tribal Chocolate, Wild Summer Apricot and Above the Clouds as well as the Scrub.  I get a lot of lather from the scrub (not the others), but must use a conditioner after or my hair gets too tangled.  The others all work about the same for me, but I know some people may prefer one over another.  

Overall I do like these products and I seem to lose very little hair with them.  I do also use WEN although been using Tweak'd more these last months.

HSN used to have a kit of the 4 Rare Treasures cleansing treatments in small sizes but I see it's sold out.  You may want to see if QVC has something similar or look to see if it comes back in stock if you're interested.

Respected Contributor

About the Biotin mentioned here, I was taking 5000 and I believe I saw an improvement...however, my last blood test was noted that the Biotin is interfereing with thyroid results.  Also many complaints include weight gain.  I stopped taking Biotin until my next bloodwork.  Im not overweight but i don't want anything to interfere.  There are more natural ways in our diet to improve our hair, maybe you would like to research.  If i were to decide to incorporate Biotin again, I might take it every other day, and definitely not exceed 5,000.  

Respected Contributor

@KaySD ...the Oribe line is phenomenal!  Its very expensive and I don't like the pricing, but very honestly  my hair is in great shape, always super shiny, and I don't need to add leave in conditioners, or oils.  I use a a nickle size amount of both shampoo and conditioner so it lasts a long time.   I really like either Beautiful Color or Brilliance and Shine.  Im also adamant about NOT buying from Amazon or ebay,etc..buy this direct either from Oribe or a participating salon...why?  because they're known to be tampered with and diluted.  Im obsessed with the beyond fresh smell my hair has.  I even ordered the perfume...i buy from my salon.   I also love the hairspray...smells soooooooo wonderful. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin 

My Dr told me to stop taking biotin before blood work for thyroid testing. It'll interfere with the results like you mentioned.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Dazlin 

My Dr told me to stop taking biotin before blood work for thyroid testing. It'll interfere with the results like you mentioned.

Yes! This is so true. I take a TBSP of Molassas each day, it's done wonders for my hair and I drink Nettles Tea - this combo has made a huge diff, I don't even take Biotin anymore

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Dazlin 

Yes! This is so true. I take a TBSP of Molassas each day, it's done wonders for my hair and I drink Nettles Tea - this combo has made a huge diff, I don't even take Biotin anymore

It's not that Biotin is bad.  It's just that some blood tests use biotin and therefore the added biotin in your bloodstream skews the numbers. It's water soluble, so if you stop taking it a few days to a week before it'll all be out of your system.  

Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@KaySD ...the Oribe line is phenomenal!  Its very expensive and I don't like the pricing, but very honestly  my hair is in great shape, always super shiny, and I don't need to add leave in conditioners, or oils.  I use a a nickle size amount of both shampoo and conditioner so it lasts a long time.   I really like either Beautiful Color or Brilliance and Shine.  Im also adamant about NOT buying from Amazon or ebay,etc..buy this direct either from Oribe or a participating salon...why?  because they're known to be tampered with and diluted.  Im obsessed with the beyond fresh smell my hair has.  I even ordered the perfume...i buy from my salon.   I also love the hairspray...smells soooooooo wonderful. 

@Dazlin Good to have this information. I see what you mean about the prices! But I don't wash more than a couple times a week, so things last pretty well for me. I'm a bit concerned that the first ingredient is a detergent, and there are a zillion other ingredient. The only thing worse than expensive products is expensive products that don't work! Any idea what makes this different from other brands? And which of their several types of shampoo do you use yourself?