Super Contributor

Re: Confession Time: I am too fickle for my own good.

I am so with you! In my quest for the best, I have decided I like easy and when I got the IT cc TSV, I swore that if I could look decent with cc cream, lippie and eyes, I was going to do it and stick with it. Then, on Saturday found myself contemplating the BE TSV. I ended up passing on that when I found a small original foundation in my stash along with the rest of a primer. I decided I was going to use what I have and just posted on another thread about passing on my new/sealed choices in colors I won't wear to my DD.

I broke the fickle with skincare when I switched to Skinn. My skin looks good enough to only have to wear cc cream, so I am good with that until my skin changes and then, if and only when I need it, I will shop for new.

For me, getting sick and having to deal with chemo helped slap the fickle out of me about makeup. I wish I could say I had the sense to do it myself, but I didn't. LOL.

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty good (finally) at sticking with what works for me. I'm fickle with some makeup products - especially foundation- but I think that has more to do with seasons and what works best during winter vs summer. Right now I'm taking a very conservative minimalist approach with both skincare and foundation, which is working well. Skincare- if I find what works I can & will stick with it. Science makes it pretty simple; the tried and true ingredients that work for my skin type. I was blessed with good skin which helps.

I don't buy into the newest.. latest & greatest in skincare because too much of it is pure marketing gimmickry.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 3/24/2014 dal said:

You are most definitely not alone!! My beauty obsession probably started earlier than yours - I remember my grandma giving me little lipstick and makeup samples from her avon lady when I was little to play dress up w/ and put on my dolls...haha!! I would even save allowance money to buy nail polish, or when I was allowed to finally wear it, makeup! I always think something else will be better too and found more often than not that trying so many different things is a waste of time and $. I'm better than I used to be but still have more makeup than I'll ever use up in my lifetime! I used to use BE as well and still have a huge assortment of loose e/s that I just never use anymore and I stopped wearing the foundation a few years ago. Skincare wise I'm not quite as bad - I've primarily stuck w/ perricone for the last 7 years or so with a few other things rotated in on occasion, but even w/in his line I've pared down a LOT since I know what actually works for me now. I think my skincare needs will continue to change as I get older, but I'll deal w/ that when I have to! I just try to not be as impulsive when I buy beauty stuff anymore and really think about it.

You just took me down memory lane. I remember getting those tiny white tubes of lipsticks from the Avon lady.

My Mom was an Avon lady for a short time when I was growing up. I was obsessed with her makeup kit and all the training manuals. She always says that her "career" with Avon was very short lived because I spent all her profits on products. I haven't changed...

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2014 DMC said:

I am so with you! In my quest for the best, I have decided I like easy and when I got the IT cc TSV, I swore that if I could look decent with cc cream, lippie and eyes, I was going to do it and stick with it. Then, on Saturday found myself contemplating the BE TSV. I ended up passing on that when I found a small original foundation in my stash along with the rest of a primer. I decided I was going to use what I have and just posted on another thread about passing on my new/sealed choices in colors I won't wear to my DD.

I broke the fickle with skincare when I switched to Skinn. My skin looks good enough to only have to wear cc cream, so I am good with that until my skin changes and then, if and only when I need it, I will shop for new.

For me, getting sick and having to deal with chemo helped slap the fickle out of me about makeup. I wish I could say I had the sense to do it myself, but I didn't. LOL.

On chemo, last cocktail ending Feb 2012 then followed by surgery, I took a hiatus from all beauty forums. To me it seemed ultra petty and uninteresting. Now I'm back with a vengeance. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor

Just getting a chance to get back on and read everyone's replies-thank you! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Whew! {#emotions_dlg.blush} Relieved to read that so many of you do as I do. Not like I'm proud of my ways, but I need the commiseration.

Respected Contributor

Girl, please. I'm 32. Do you KNOW how many more products I'll probably try in my life?!?!?! Shhhhhh..... Don't tell my husband!! Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

On 3/24/2014 FUTURE said: Girl, please. I'm 32. Do you KNOW how many more products I'll probably try in my life?!?!?! Shhhhhh..... Don't tell my husband!! Smiley Wink

Listen, there are just some things they can't understand. This is one of them. Cool

Respected Contributor

Seems pretty normal to me, lol, I do the exact same thing!

Regular Contributor

I do the same thing. My husband asked me why I always wanted to order something and try different makeup and skincare lines. I told him I want to try to look good and my skin is changing (Im 61 now) and Im trying to look the best I can for my age.