Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 -- Moderate March

@Brisky wrote:
Full of quack, what the quack? getting my quack back, I could go on and on.
I promise I won't....

@Brisky 

Why, that's just... Daffy. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Well, everything is closed here in Maryland. Closed: restaurants, bars, libraries, museums, ect.

I went to get bread because I only had four slices left. Absolute pandemonium. 

The world has indeed gone mad.

I am leaving QVC on at least its relaxing.

Honored Contributor

My latest pastime is seeing how few squares of TP I can use without getting an infection due to lack of hygiene. 😳

When not whiling away my time with trips to that room of the house (ever notice that when you're trying not to think about something that's all that's on your mind?), I spend my free time eyeing possible replacements for when "the end" eventually comes...paper towels, Kleenex--too obvious.  My old wash cloths that I almost tossed into the rag bag.  The cats' old flannel sheets.  The knit pants that got a hole in them that normally would be delegated to the trash.  Oh, nice and soft!  Better than leaves!🤣

My friend said she has been checking out the puppy pads.  🤨

We got this covered. 👍😂😂

Honored Contributor

Mallard Fillmore

Count Drakula (that might be a stretch)...

🦆🦆🦆

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Mallard Fillmore

Count Drakula (that might be a stretch)...

🦆🦆🦆

@geezerette 

Yup, Mallard Fillmore's on my list.  I ended up with Quackula.  I wonder if it should be Quacula.

Same problem I'm having with another name: Quackamole or Quacamole?  I'm leaning towards Quacamole.

Just don't want this to turn into a Quackmire.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

My latest pastime is seeing how few squares of TP I can use without getting an infection due to lack of hygiene. 😳

When not whiling away my time with trips to that room of the house (ever notice that when you're trying not to think about something that's all that's on your mind?), I spend my free time eyeing possible replacements for when "the end" eventually comes...paper towels, Kleenex--too obvious.  My old wash cloths that I almost tossed into the rag bag.  The cats' old flannel sheets.  The knit pants that got a hole in them that normally would be delegated to the trash.  Oh, nice and soft!  Better than leaves!🤣

My friend said she has been checking out the puppy pads.  🤨

We got this covered. 👍😂😂

@geezerette 

Paper towels were delivered today.  Brawny Tear-A-Square.  Ooh, fancy.

BH is talking about a bidet...

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Well, everything is closed here in Maryland. Closed: restaurants, bars, libraries, museums, ect.

I went to get bread because I only had four slices left. Absolute pandemonium. 

The world has indeed gone mad.

I am leaving QVC on at least its relaxing.

@Squirrel Lover 

You might have to start baking!

Respected Contributor

We haven't had to start baking yet, but the thought sure did cross our minds. We bought 2 bags of flour at Meijer on friday when we honestly couldn't even find one loaf of bread. We still have 2 growing boys to feed.

We did end up getting some at Aldi the next day, but it sure won't hurt to have flour and yeast on hand. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette @just bee @Eager2Learn, broken limbs have entered my mind so I am right there with you. The hospital is the last place I care to be right now.  @Eager2Learn, your fall, just terrible.  Definitely gives you the fear of falling.  

@FindingMyJoy, rollerblading does sound like fun. Something different.  But a bit more than what I want to invest.  It isnt just the skates, its all the protective gear as well that starts to add up. It would be worth it if one was to use them but I stare at all of my mistakes everyday as they collect dust. So for now, these are on the back burner. Especially as this virus is predicted to go through the summer.  

Thanks, Ladies.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmom, March is not going well for me. My beauty purchases are minimum but it is everything else that I have not been mindful about. And then dont get me started on stocking up. I was able to find some tp and water so I got an extra package of tp and few cases of water. I at least feel more comfortable now. And I stocked up on some food as well.  With all this closure talk, the question is are we going to be on complete lockdown at one point, not sure so better safe than sorry. People still have not calmed down out there so how long this run on things will last is uncertain.  And I don’t necessarily blame them. Around here, places are starting to close or have reduced hours. It is getting real or has been for a while.  But if everyone can just calm down, supplies could get back to normal.  But having said that, I am doing my best to be as prepared as I can too. 

Whether anyone is taking the virus seriously, what is happening all around is real. It feels like an apocalypse when you enter the stores. And it is surreal to see people walking around with masks. Not many, but I do see more and more each day. 

The interesting part is that a virus has people running around scared more than any threat of war. The opponent we cannot see.