Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Out-of-the-Ordinary October

@lil spot wrote:

Oh boy @just bee .....thanks for the alert. I just brewed a mug of Paris, looked in the tin to see 6 sachets left and said to my dogs "I think I need to order some more."

I'm a thoroughly addicted coffee drinker. I could never give up coffee and for that matter, no one around me would ever want me to.

Woman LOL It was bad enough stopping my Kettle Chip addiction...

I'm not sure I've ever had a lavender tea. I heading over now to replenish my Paris and order some VLF. I'll let you know in a weeks time what I think. Their delivery is incredibly quick and efficient. 

@lil spot 

I'd been drinking coffee since I was little, although my sister had written in my baby book that my first word was "tea."

Oh, God.  That reminds me.  My baby book was in the mahogany chest that burned.

Oh, well.

Anyway, I gave up coffee and switched to tea and have no regrets.  A lot of it is fragrance.  I just love the scent of tea.  VLF has a fragrance that I really enjoy.  My sister wasn't sure she'd like it but she did.

Stock up on that Paris! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

@just bee   not only did I order Paris and Victorian London Fog, but I also picked up a box of Lemon Herbal Decaf for Mom when she visits. 

@just bee  and @geezerette 

David Cassidy was the very first concert I ever went to! 

0791-DavidCassidy-7in-Vinyl-10x10-600x600.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lil spot 

That lemon tea is really good.

My first concert was November 20, 1973 -- The Who at the Cow Palace.  That's when Keith Moon collapsed behind his drum kit -- twice -- and Pete Townshend asked if there was a drummer in the house -- and there was.  A kid named Scott, from Iowa, who got his ticket from a scalper, went up and played with his favorite band.

I was 14.  Today I'm 60. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

@just bee  Happy Birthday!!!

Don't worry, I'll still always be 19 days -cough- older. Smiley Indifferent 

Card_AC_bee_happy_birthday.jpg

Super Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

My first concert was November 20, 1973 -- The Who at the Cow Palace.  That's when Keith Moon collapsed behind his drum kit -- twice -- and Pete Townshend asked if there was a drummer in the house -- and there was.  A kid named Scott, from Iowa, who got his ticket from a scalper, went up and played with his favorite band.

I was 14.  Today I'm 60. 

@just bee 

I'm glad to know you like the lemon tea. Mom can only drink decaf and mostly prefers a lemon hot tea. I require massive amounts of caffeine, but figured if I ever have a sore throat it would come in handy in a pinch. The sale, at Harneys, is awesome and too good to pass up.

What a great first concert for you. Wonder what became of Scott?!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

I was 14.  Today I'm 60. 

@just bee 

🎶 Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday Dear just🐝,

Happy Birthday to You.  And many mooore ...🎶

🎉🎊🎁🎈🎂🔥🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

So, after finishing my Dove Baby body wash yesterday, I decided I don't really like it enough to keep buying it.  Yes, it's cheaper than the philosophy shower cream and can be found locally, but I just don't like it enough to make the change permanent.  It's good to know I do have a viable alternative if I ever need one, though.

So, today I was watching the Q early this morning (always a dangerous thing), and what was on but a philosophy show.  With free shipping on everything.  Yep, I ordered a pure grace 3-n-1 duo.  And yes, I already have a couple in the closet, but this should last me several months.  I figured out it costs me about .50 a day to use the pure grace.  I figure I'm worth .50.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

I was 14.  Today I'm 60. 

@just bee 

I'm glad to know you like the lemon tea. Mom can only drink decaf and mostly prefers a lemon hot tea. I require massive amounts of caffeine, but figured if I ever have a sore throat it would come in handy in a pinch. The sale, at Harneys, is awesome and too good to pass up.

What a great first concert for you. Wonder what became of Scott?!

@lil spot 

He died!  I looked him up online several years ago -- his name was Thomas Scot (actually one T) Halpin -- and he passed away in February 2008.  Inoperable brain tumor.  I was stunned when I read that.

He was in his early 50s when he died. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

I was 14.  Today I'm 60. 

@just bee 

🎶 Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday Dear just🐝,

Happy Birthday to You.  And many mooore ...🎶

🎉🎊🎁🎈🎂🔥🤣🤣🤣

@geezerette 

Aw, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

So, after finishing my Dove Baby body wash yesterday, I decided I don't really like it enough to keep buying it.  Yes, it's cheaper than the philosophy shower cream and can be found locally, but I just don't like it enough to make the change permanent.  It's good to know I do have a viable alternative if I ever need one, though.

So, today I was watching the Q early this morning (always a dangerous thing), and what was on but a philosophy show.  With free shipping on everything.  Yep, I ordered a pure grace 3-n-1 duo.  And yes, I already have a couple in the closet, but this should last me several months.  I figured out it costs me about .50 a day to use the pure grace.  I figure I'm worth .50.

@geezerette 

I'll be the first to tell you that pure grace is a hard habit to break.  If the house hadn't burned I'd still be using it.

And you're worth a lot more than 50 cents!  We all should have at least one special thing that brings us joy.  If it's pure grace, then it's worth every penny.

(It's still a great fragrance.)