Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Meditative March

@just bee wrote:

Gosh, I had so much fun repairing my broken eyeshadow yesterday that I'm tempted to fix the other two.

When I compressed the brown goo with the thermometer case, I put a paper towel between it and the shadow, leaving a texture that almost looks like it had never exploded.

This is going to pay off big time, I can tell.  I suspect it's good practice for the upcoming drywall project.

@just bee 

I love your justification process. 😄😉

I fully understand. Sometimes repairing the repair process is more than the original repair!  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

I have become a paranoid freak in my old age because I have to check, double-check and sometimes triple-check others who promise that something has been done properly.

Why is this so?

Lack of ACCOUNTABILITY.

We are just so timely here, aren't we?

@just bee 

Right on!

Now, to get the incompetents to read this thread! 🤓

Trusted Contributor

So, I kept reading how easy it was to sign up for Social Security on other threads.  Well, not for us!  The following is a vent, fair warning.

I tried creating SSA accounts online and my DH and I both got blocked.  The SSA asks half a dozen questions based on your credit report.  Well, silly me, I didn't pull our credit reports first.  Apparently my DH didn't answer his questions correctly and they blocked access (fraud alert, I guess).  Then, I try to create my account and the credit report questions start by asking about a car loan in 2017 that I know nothing about and how much the monthly payments are.  So, I get alarmed that someone has a car loan in my name and go pull my credit report.  No such car loan on my report.  By the time I get back to SSA to answer the questions, it has timed out and blocked access because not answering the questions is the same as giving the wrong answers.  GRRRRR.

So, I call SSA and request that they unblock our accounts so we can try again.  This was on Friday and the CS person says wait until Monday to try again.  Also, she said that if you have a freeze, block or credit monitoring on your credit report, that can cause the SSA site to block access to creating an account.  She say to call Equifax and see if I have a freeze, block or monitoring and, if so, to remove them. So, I call Equifax and I spend 20 minutes with a guy in India having to answer a multitude of questions to prove that I am who I am.  I finally prove that I am who I am to this guy and he says my credit report is perfectly fine, no freeze, block or monitoring on it. By this time, I hang up and scream in frustration.

Fingers crossed we can open our SSA accounts tomorrow online.  If not, we have to go to a SSA office and do it in person. 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom@just bee@geezerette, thank you ladies so much for thinking of me. Can’t even tell you how touched I am.  It feels like I haven’t posted in so long I almost forgot my password. I started a new job, same place, however, it has been chaos. I am still doing the old one too and feels like i have been working nonstop, throw in a few life things and I have been exhausted. However, I realized I will do what I can but we also have a few people leaving so there is no end in sight. This year is going to be horrific. So, I came to the realization I will do what I can but not allow myself to be stressed or work all kinds of hours anymore. ...or at least try not to.  It feels like I am getting closer to hanging up my hat. Hahahaha. 

With Compacting, I will say, no beauty products at all this year. At least that I remember anyway so I am pretty proud of that because it hasn’t been easy. But, I think what has helped is that I have been tossing so many barely used or full items that it has helped me squelch the urge. It really has been criminal but I know I will just never use the stuff so it is time. And if I am honest, I can do more and probably will. After seeing one product had turned, it really is making me weary of the rest of my stuff that is old, opened or not.    And quite frankly I am thrilled I dont have to struggle through some stuff.  It is quite the dilemma when i am trying to use older products and my newer ones are getting old. 

Gotta run for now but thought I would stop in and catch up with you all and say hello.  So, 👋 

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies - Thanks for taking the time to stop in and let us know that everything is okay. I was really starting to worry that something bad had happened, I'm so glad to see that's not the case.

I understand about the workload, our department is small and we've been working short and trying to cover several employees who were on extended medical leaves for 12 weeks each over the last year. One employee is off right now for we don't even know how long. She might not be able to come back at all, we're just playing a waiting game right now. It does get very stressful after a while. I've gotten to the point, like you, that I just can't stress myself out anymore worrying about it. I'll do as much as I can do in the 8 hours I'm there and be done. If we fall too far behind, maybe they'll get us some more help.

It sounds like you're doing great on the ComPacting though, even with all the additional stress. It can definitely be eye opening when we look at how much money is wasted tossing products that are barely used for whatever reason. It can certainly make you more conscious of what is coming in. But by the same token, if you don't think you will use it, I'd get rid of it too. It sounds like you need some things that make you happy, so I wouldn't even worry about trying to fight thru old products that you don't like. Get rid of it, and just try to be more aware going forward, that's all we can do. 

It was so nice to hear from you again, hopefully you'll be able to join us more in April! Take care and check back in and let us know how things are going!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@River Song wrote:

So, I kept reading how easy it was to sign up for Social Security on other threads.  Well, not for us!  The following is a vent, fair warning.

I tried creating SSA accounts online and my DH and I both got blocked.  The SSA asks half a dozen questions based on your credit report.  Well, silly me, I didn't pull our credit reports first.  Apparently my DH didn't answer his questions correctly and they blocked access (fraud alert, I guess).  Then, I try to create my account and the credit report questions start by asking about a car loan in 2017 that I know nothing about and how much the monthly payments are.  So, I get alarmed that someone has a car loan in my name and go pull my credit report.  No such car loan on my report.  By the time I get back to SSA to answer the questions, it has timed out and blocked access because not answering the questions is the same as giving the wrong answers.  GRRRRR.

So, I call SSA and request that they unblock our accounts so we can try again.  This was on Friday and the CS person says wait until Monday to try again.  Also, she said that if you have a freeze, block or credit monitoring on your credit report, that can cause the SSA site to block access to creating an account.  She say to call Equifax and see if I have a freeze, block or monitoring and, if so, to remove them. So, I call Equifax and I spend 20 minutes with a guy in India having to answer a multitude of questions to prove that I am who I am.  I finally prove that I am who I am to this guy and he says my credit report is perfectly fine, no freeze, block or monitoring on it. By this time, I hang up and scream in frustration.

Fingers crossed we can open our SSA accounts tomorrow online.  If not, we have to go to a SSA office and do it in person. 

@River Song 

If you have to go to the office, bring a book.  I recommend something thick like War and Peace.  Also snacks.

I have my fingers -- and toes -- crossed for you.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

WHEW!  So relieved to hear from you!

Now we can begin the new month.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~