Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Declutter December

I've spent my morning sorting junk mail into piles.  What to toss in the recycling bin versus what to shred.

The only thing I want to find in my mailbox is my new driver's license.  Even though the photograph is appalling.  And I spent 70 bucks on this? Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

I’ve got a large basket of papers- junk mail, catalogs, etc. I’m trying to go through them at night while watching tv. I’m drowning in papers! My cosmetics have taken over the other washbasin in the bathroom. Count me in on the decluttering. 

Honored Contributor

@Mizglitz

Welcome!

There's no end to the paper. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

So the plumber will be here tomorrow to tear up our wall and the foundation.  I've moved the books that were on the floor -- well, just the cookbooks, so far -- and now they're all on the dining room table.  And chairs.

I have to go through them all and figure out which ones to donate.  BH says ALL of them.

Fine, but they're not his cookbooks.

What to do, what to do.  Ditch all the fiction and keep the reference books?  Save the hardcovers and say goodbye to the paperbacks?

Ugh. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@just bee

I have some cookbooks in the donation load to take in tomorrow.   Also video tapes and coolers.

I’m also starting on the attic since I have most of the inside of the house in decent shape.  I’ve been trying to figure out how to tackle it and finally decided to bring down a load at a time to dispose of.  Again, looking at the project as a process, instead of thinking it needs to be done all at once.  Besides, it’s not bothering me up there anyway.

Good luck with the plumber tomorrow.  Although I suppose it’s going to be a mess, no matter what the prognosis.  Are you or BH going to take off work to be there for the big event?

Valued Contributor

I need to seriously de clutter. One of my co workers recently lost her house in a fire and did not have insurance, so I think I’ve found a new home for a lot
of excess household items. At least I really feel like I’m helping someone in need instead of berating myself for buying so much stuff.
Honored Contributor

@geezerette

We'll be here.

It's hard to schedule these things around my schedule because I work nights, but I do have Mondays off.

Just hoping it's a one-day job.

But then the wall and foundation will have to be replaced.  And there's the painting and flooring and...

I think it's time for a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67

Welcome!

You're doing a very good thing!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I think it's time for a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.

@just bee

Or two.  Better yet, a bottle.

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
I need to seriously de clutter. One of my co workers recently lost her house in a fire and did not have insurance, so I think I’ve found a new home for a lot
of excess household items. At least I really feel like I’m helping someone in need instead of berating myself for buying so much stuff.

@Fluke67

It kind of puts things in perspective, doesn’t it?  You can’t help but wonder if you were in that position what would you replace.  Then you realize all the things you wouldn’t replace you don’t really need now.  

Of course, that doesn’t take into account all the things that are irreplaceable.