Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I hope I like my boots too. I tried them on again yesterday and I like them but I dont love them. They look decent enough and if they keep my feet warm, that is all I care about.  Let me know once you get yours what you think.  Did you get hiking boots or winter or are they both?

@aprilskies

ZAMBERLAN 1996 VIOZ LUX GTX® RR WNS Backpacking Boots

Waxed Red

Waxed Red.

Better-half takes hiking boots seriously.  And he figured I'd like the little Italian flag on the boot.

I hope they fit.  I guess I'll find out today...

Beautiful. That looks like a well made boot.  I hope they work out for you.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I hope I like my boots too. I tried them on again yesterday and I like them but I dont love them. They look decent enough and if they keep my feet warm, that is all I care about.  Let me know once you get yours what you think.  Did you get hiking boots or winter or are they both?

@aprilskies

Waxed Red

Waxed Red.

Better-half takes hiking boots seriously.  And he figured I'd like the little Italian flag on the boot.

@aprilskies

If they fit well they'll be an all-purpose boot.  Walking, hiking, erranding...  They're pricey, but BH and I have boots that have lasted years and years.  I'm all about longevity.

Speaking of which, I just read where Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend are setting up shop in Las Vegas.

It never occurred to me when I was a Who-addicted adolescent that they would end up in Vegas.

Of course, it never occurred to me that I'd end up in Albuquerque.

All roads lead to the desert.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

The holidays for me are basically stress free.  I dont do the decorating I once did either. The putting up was fun but the taking down was onerous. 

@aprilskies

My decoration is my ancient wreath on the front door.  Understatement.  (But I totally encourage and enjoy extravagant displays at Christmas!)

Oh me too.  I love it and am glad others still go the extra mile. I enjoy looking at the decorations.  During Christmas I try and go to this place that is setup like a little village. It is all outside and has boutique type shops. I go for the feel of it. It is so festive at Christmas. I didnt go last year, I have to make it a point this year. Maybe that is what I will do this year.  Find a few Christmasy things to do and make a plan.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

The holidays for me are basically stress free.  I dont do the decorating I once did either. The putting up was fun but the taking down was onerous. 

@aprilskies

My decoration is my ancient wreath on the front door.  Understatement.  (But I totally encourage and enjoy extravagant displays at Christmas!)

Oh me too.  I love it and am glad others still go the extra mile. I enjoy looking at the decorations.  During Christmas I try and go to this place that is setup like a little village. It is all outside and has boutique type shops. I go for the feel of it. It is so festive at Christmas. I didnt go last year, I have to make it a point this year. Maybe that is what I will do this year.  Find a few Christmasy things to do and make a plan.

@aprilskies

Does it sound strange that I like to put the dog in the car and drive around different neighborhoods to look at the Christmas decorations?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

Waxed Red

Waxed Red.

@aprilskies

If they fit well they'll be an all-purpose boot.  Walking, hiking, erranding...  They're pricey, but BH and I have boots that have lasted years and years.  I'm all about longevity.

Speaking of which, I just read where Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend are setting up shop in Las Vegas.

It never occurred to me when I was a Who-addicted adolescent that they would end up in Vegas.

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

Waxed Red

Waxed Red.

@aprilskies

Yes, for sure, Just Bee.  I think quality beats all.  And these days the way they seem to be making things, finding great quality stuff is worth paying for.  I miss the quality of the old days.

As long as this road doesnt lead me Huda's Desert Dusk Palette. Woman LOL  Ha ha, a little joke there. No worries, I still have my day job.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

@aprilskies

Does it sound strange that I like to put the dog in the car and drive around different neighborhoods to look at the Christmas decorations?

No. One of my favorites things to do and I am sure the dog loves it.  Some people really do an excellent job.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

@aprilskies

No. One of my favorites things to do and I am sure the dog loves it.  Some people really do an excellent job.

@aprilskies

Yes, they do!  We had some great Halloween decorations in the neighborhood this year and I'm even noticing Thanksgiving decorations.

BH's next project is our front door.  He's looking for a replacement and has already ordered the hardware for a door that does not yet exist.

He gets annoyed with me and my "negative waves."  I can't help it.  I feel that it is my job to find the cloud for every silver lining because I also tend to find the silver lining in every cloud.  I look for balance.

Anyway, he is on a mission to replace all the brass in the house.  Hates brass.  He has already refurbished the guest bathroom with brushed nickel.  I have no problem with this except that there's an awful lot of brass to replace.  He counted the doors in the house the other day and was shocked.  That doesn't even take into consideration the cupboards.

We got a lot of brass.

And then -- and this would have been the first thing on my list -- he looked at door prices.  Do you have any idea how much a door costs?, he asked.  Yeah, I said.  They start around $1000.

He didn't realize that.

Like I said, there's a cloud for every silver -- er, brushed nickel -- lining.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Yes, for sure, Just Bee.  I think quality beats all.  And these days the way they seem to be making things, finding great quality stuff is worth paying for.  I miss the quality of the old days.

As long as this road doesnt lead me Huda's Desert Dusk Palette. Woman LOL  Ha ha, a little joke there. No worries, I still have my day job.

@aprilskies

Woman LOLHeartSmiley LOLHeartCat LOL

Thanks!  I needed that!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

@aprilskies

@aprilskies

Yes, they do!  We had some great Halloween decorations in the neighborhood this year and I'm even noticing Thanksgiving decorations.

BH's next project is our front door.  He's looking for a replacement and has already ordered the hardware for a door that does not yet exist.

He gets annoyed with me and my "negative waves."  I can't help it.  I feel that it is my job to find the cloud for every silver lining because I also tend to find the silver lining in every cloud.  I look for balance.

Anyway, he is on a mission to replace all the brass in the house.  Hates brass.  He has already refurbished the guest bathroom with brushed nickel.  I have no problem with this except that there's an awful lot of brass to replace.  He counted the doors in the house the other day and was shocked.  That doesn't even take into consideration the cupboards.

We got a lot of brass.

And then -- and this would have been the first thing on my list -- he looked at door prices.  Do you have any idea how much a door costs?, he asked.  Yeah, I said.  They start around $1000.

He didn't realize that.

Like I said, there's a cloud for every silver -- er, brushed nickel -- lining.

This from a man that’s worried about leaving stuff after he’s gone?  A minimalist?  Huh.  Guess we all have our weaknesses.

Seems to me this should give you an opening here, @just bee.  Blackmail.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Why do I always forget the “No Buy” pledge until I’m inundated with packages, half of which are destined to be returned?

I think from now on, I’m also going to have to pare down and simplify my holiday gifts as well as my own purchases.  Much disappointment with orders this year, and so I end up adding to gifts with store purchases.  More hassle, more money.

Ho, ho, ho? 🎅🏼  Bah, humbug! 😠

@geezerette LMBO!!!  Me too.  Just yesterday I was opening yet another package and just thought to myself, not again.  Feels like I have just been opening one box after another. lol. Boy, did I slide.  So, in the next couple of weeks, I need to focus on what I need and try and tune everything else out.  I knew November was going to be hard.

I guess the lesson for me here is Never say, Never again.

At least I will say I didnt succumb to any eyeshadow palettes which is a win for me.  Round 1 goes to me.  Now I just have to be strong for Round 2 that is coming up.

@aprilskies

You and Sean Connery.