Esteemed Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Joyful June!

@aprilskies wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

And hey don't go messing with my Walkman.  I use it at night for meditation cds. When I use them that is.  I hope this thing never dies.  

@aprilskies  I hate having to "upgrade" technology when something that is obsolete dies.  However, I can tell you that I've enjoyed having music on an MP3 player and on my phone.  Not having to deal with the CDs (I always wind up scratching them) is nice.

That said, I do have some music that cannot be found in MP3 form.  Maybe I can learn how to take them from CDs and convert them to MP3 files? Smiley Frustrated  Having to learn stuff like that is a pain, because I don't enjoy electronics...but it feels good to figure out how to do something new.  

Me too about technology. But you know what I like about the walkman is that I dont have to charge it. I get bad at charging the mp3 players and always am low on battery life when I want to get started on something. I like that I can just change the batteries in the walkman and be good to go without waiting. That is really the beauty of it because otherwise, it is too big and bulky.  I have music on my phone but I do not like how my phone sounds.  Not crisp at all and it really eats up the charge.

One of the reasons I have not bought a fitbit.  Just another thing to charge. I barely keep charged the things I do have.  I cant keep up with the cords.  I should really mark them for ease of purpose.

@aprilskies  Have you thought about buying or making a charging station?  I think it would be easier to have things organized and all in one location.  Some people leave their devices on the charger when not in use.  (That wastes energy, but it is more convenient to have your devices charged when you need them.)

Image result for charging station for multiple devices

You can buy something like this online, or you can watch YouTube tutorials for ideas on how to make your own without much cost or effort.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

So now I have to find a replacement for Lumene's colorless BB serum.  I've been using it with that inferior purlisse BB cream and it helps.

I know there are a lot of primer/serum/illuminator products out there and now I have to find one.

Mineral Fusion has one that's very slickery.

primers

I tried two of these from the testers on the back of my hand.  The two pictured on the right.  One has gold flakes in it (did not notice these on my skin) and the other is clear with a snotlike consistency.

I guess that's not a selling point.

@just bee  Wait...were these at Ulta?  If the Elf color-correcting one I ordered doesn't work out, maybe I'll go test the green one.

@mistriTsquirrel

Locally, they have Mineral Fusion at Sprouts and Natural Grocers -- they're probably at Whole Foods, too.  Online, Target and Vitacost have more reasonable prices.

Do you have a "natural" food store where you are?  I do have to say that the "beauty" sections in those stores smell amazing.  I try to avoid them because it's like those old cartoons where the character levitates and floats towards an aroma with that silly expression on his face.

I'm drawn to that smell.

Oooh -- that smell

@just bee  The most popular natural store around here doesn't carry Mineral Fusion.  The stores I've seen that do don't have their makeup, just the body washes and lotions.  However, I noticed that one of the Krogers in my area seems to have changed their beauty section.  It's bigger and they have more natural products.  I'll have to look and see if they have a tester.  We don't have Whole Foods or anything like that around here.  There is one natural market I've heard of but not been to...maybe I'll have to check it out and see if they have beauty products.  I'm pretty sure I can order it from Lucky Vitamin and then return it if it's not good, but I'll have to check their return policy to be sure...and I'm not ready to do another LV order right now anyway.

I just tried the Elf green primer.  It's not a bad primer, but the green is so sheer that it does little in the way of color-correcting.  My problem is that I have redness in an area that has large pores, I have dry skin, and I need something sheer that will cover an area larger than a pimple.  I've tried cream and liquid color correctors in this area, but they tend to accentuate large pores and dry patches, and some of them are too pigmented.  So I was hoping a green primer over that area would work best.

I guess I will be continuing my search.

@mistriTsquirrel

It's hard because I can't trust reviews anymore.  Lumene got terrible reviews but their products were amazing.

Ulta carries NYX primers in a variety of colors (on sale right now, too).  Reviews are mixed.

Thanks, @just bee.  I just looked on their site and they have a green CC cream in addition to the primer.  Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Ulta and see if they have testers of these.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Thanks, @just bee.  I just looked on their site and they have a green CC cream in addition to the primer.  Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Ulta and see if they have testers of these.

@mistriTsquirrel

Be careful out there. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

Be careful out there. Woman Wink

@just bee  LoL  No kidding.  I should leave my credit card at home and only bring $20 with me.

Trusted Contributor

Love all the squirrel graphics!  We don't have any here so that's one of the first things we look for when we travel.

I ordered some Korres body washes from Hautelook (I haven't been in a B&BW in years, I get overwhelmed) and am waiting for them to arrive.  I am not going to buy any more bar soaps.  One bar only lasts about a month and it's just not cost-effective for me.  

I was in that position where I had all this unused makeup yet had that irresistible urge to buy something new.  That's when I started shopping my stash to trick my mind.  Instead of saving these products for my fantasy life, I started using them.  And if they didn't fit my expectations, I decluttered it.  But boy, did I take me long to get to that point.  Years.

I've also been through the ELF phase.  I really like some of their makeup brushes.

I am almost at the halfway point of my year long pan that palette.  And I have "finished" my first entire shadow.  I haven't used it all up but it's crumbled in the pan and I'm not going to repress it.  Of course I have something similar to replace it with, which is geriatric in makeup years.  It's not performing the way I remember it and it's already grown a spot of hard pan after a week of use.  I think it's a declutter candidate...  But don't worry, I have another replacement for that replacement.  That's what happens when I had to have all the neutral eyeshadow palettes.  They're the same, but different.  But the same.

HEP is not going well.  My mom tried to sell me fundraiser candy so I offered a cash donation instead.  Why are all fundraisers selling junk food?

Are we enJOYing June?

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I am almost at the halfway point of my year long pan that palette.  And I have "finished" my first entire shadow.  I haven't used it all up but it's crumbled in the pan and I'm not going to repress it.  Of course I have something similar to replace it with, which is geriatric in makeup years.  It's not performing the way I remember it and it's already grown a spot of hard pan after a week of use.  I think it's a declutter candidate...  But don't worry, I have another replacement for that replacement.  That's what happens when I had to have all the neutral eyeshadow palettes.  They're the same, but different.  But the same.

Are we enJOYing June?

What a good feeling to finish a shadow.  You are doing well with your panning.  I have to get back to mine. 

And lol, they are the same but different but the same. So true.  And on the eye who can tell.  

I have not pulled the trigger on any new palettes and I have been jonesing a few.  It is crazy, I barely get to using the ones I have.  I AM NOT BUYING!!!!  

I have enjoyed June. At least we got some sunshine.  But, nothing exciting to report. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped by Walmart this morning to pick up sunflower seed for the birds and a couple other items and left with what I'd planned to buy.  I walked through the entire store and looked at just about everything there.  Can't believe I didn't toss a couple bottles of shampoo, a CC cream, lip gloss, and a hundred other items I fondled while I was looking for what I actually needed.

They do have a decent selection of Rimmel, e.l.f., Physicians Formula and others that get less representation in other stores.

And they're carrying my brand of Konjac sponge.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

I stopped by Walmart this morning to pick up sunflower seed for the birds and a couple other items and left with what I'd planned to buy.  I walked through the entire store and looked at just about everything there.  Can't believe I didn't toss a couple bottles of shampoo, a CC cream, lip gloss, and a hundred other items I fondled while I was looking for what I actually needed.

They do have a decent selection of Rimmel, e.l.f., Physicians Formula and others that get less representation in other stores.

And they're carrying my brand of Konjac sponge.

@just bee  I have to tell you about my Wal-Mart experience last night.  It's so weird.

Yesterday I dyed my hair for the first time in months.  I can't believe I went as long as I did without doing that, but that's a discussion for another time.  Anyway, my eyesight is really bad, so I have to pop in my contacts when I dye my hair, since I obviously can't wear my glasses for that.  But I haven't worn my contacts since the last time I dyed my hair, so I wasn't used to them.

After I was done dying my hair, I decided to go to Red Lobster for dinner, as I had a gift card.  I got grilled shrimp with rice and broccoli, and a salad.  So not bad.

Then I went to Wal-Mart.  Let me start off by saying that I haven't been in a Wal-Mart for...at least many months, if not over a year.  I try to avoid going in there if I can.  But I wanted to buy a few Faded Glory brand tank tops, get a cr*ppy pair of shoes to mow the lawn in (since mine have fallen apart), and check out the Hard Candy cosmetics to see if they have a good green color-corrector.  This is where it gets weird.  I was walking around the beauty department, and everything looked so huge!!  I was thinking, "wow, they have these huge bottles of shampoo and body wash, etc. for even less than the regular sizes at the drugstore."  I was in awe.  Then I got to the makeup section, and everything still looked bigger.  I started to think something was weird about that.  They still carry the Rimmel foundation that I like, and I looked at one of the bottles, which also looked huge.  It was the same 1 ounce bottle I had at home.  Smiley Surprised

So, apparently my contacts magnify things more than the scratched up lenses in my glasses do, even though they are the same strength.  I wondered why I looked fatter than usual when I looked in the mirror. Smiley Frustrated

With my glasses on, I look like this:

Image result for fat squirrel

and then I put my contacts in, and I look like this:

What the H***?!?

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

I think it's their lighting.

There may be something to this.  Things do look bigger at Walmart.  Big and colorful.  Technicolor.  On the big screen.

But I was looking at their selection of Suave shampoo and the regular sized bottles look so small compared to the jugs they sell.  Even the CC creams and mascaras I looked at seemed larger than usual.

If Walmart was a state it would be Texas.  The products are big and bright, the aisles are wide and high -- and everyone is so friendly.

I was looking for long-sleeved tee shirts for work; obviously it's the wrong time of year.  There were stacks of tank tops of every color imaginable.  I don't do tank tops but, if I did, I would shop Walmart.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

Probably best to stick with your spectacles.

Spectacles

I prefer cat eyes, myself.

Cat eyes

But good news -- I got my big tea shipment today.

Tea!

I bought gift sets that include my favorite: Paris.

Paris

But now I'm going to relax and have an adult beverage.

Slurp!