Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

So.  Here's the story.  I came home on Friday and found an Evine package in my mailbox.  What???  I didn't order anything.  Not a thing.  What do you think was inside?  Isomers Immortal Eye Duo.  I thought I had delayed the next shipment until October, but apparently, I delayed it until August.  I'm not sure why I chose August because I am in back to school mode then (now).  An easy mistake, I suppose.  Both months begin with a vowel.  Also, I had not decided if I wanted to spend $58 on eye products.  The only good thing about this is that the tube of CeraVe eye cream is just about empty so a replacement this month is likely.  Now, I will be able to do a back-to-back comparison of CeraVe eye cream/Vaseline to Isomers.  Still ticked that I spent $58 when I did not want to.

Which brings me to . . . . Why the heck are college textbooks more than $200 each??  That is outrageous.  We had to pay a fee for buying the books, too.  It has dawned on me that I am not going to have any money until my kids are out of college.  And I complained about the price of diapers.

HEP is going well.  I have cut down on sugar but could still do better.  I am eating healthier foods.  Have you ever had a Cripps Pink apple?  My grocer started carrying them.  Yummy!!  Also, a walking challenge is about to begin at work, and I joined a team.  We are going to WIN!

Hope you all have a terrific week!!

Yes to the apples (a.k.a. Pink Lady).  One of my favorites!

College textbooks are ridiculous.  When I went to college in the late 70s-early 80s, I could get all my books for less than $100 each quarter.  I may have gone over $100 a couple times but it wasn't by much.  I still have several of those books today (of course, you do) and many were hardcover.  I'd gasp when I'd open one that was $22.50.  (Remember that university tuition then was $69 a quarter.)

My last two degrees were killers.  Not only had tuition gone through the roof, but $100 wouldn't get me half a softcover book.  Worse, the degree I completed last year was weird in that all my books were online.  And they were still ridiculously expensive.

My beef is not only the price, but the amount of errors in them.  Not only grammatical and spelling errors, but the information is wrong.  A new edition will be published and it will be more expensive but sometimes the text is unchanged.  They update some photos and put a new cover on it, but it's the same old book that was $30 cheaper last year.  It's criminal.

There.  I've vented. Woman Frustrated

Ah ha.  That explains a lot to me about what's happening nowadays. I guess if it's wrong going in, no wonder it's wrong coming out.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

So.  Here's the story.  I came home on Friday and found an Evine package in my mailbox.  What???  I didn't order anything.  Not a thing.  What do you think was inside?  Isomers Immortal Eye Duo.  I thought I had delayed the next shipment until October, but apparently, I delayed it until August.  I'm not sure why I chose August because I am in back to school mode then (now).  An easy mistake, I suppose.  Both months begin with a vowel.  Also, I had not decided if I wanted to spend $58 on eye products.  The only good thing about this is that the tube of CeraVe eye cream is just about empty so a replacement this month is likely.  Now, I will be able to do a back-to-back comparison of CeraVe eye cream/Vaseline to Isomers.  Still ticked that I spent $58 when I did not want to.

Which brings me to . . . . Why the heck are college textbooks more than $200 each??  That is outrageous.  We had to pay a fee for buying the books, too.  It has dawned on me that I am not going to have any money until my kids are out of college.  And I complained about the price of diapers.

HEP is going well.  I have cut down on sugar but could still do better.  I am eating healthier foods.  Have you ever had a Cripps Pink apple?  My grocer started carrying them.  Yummy!!  Also, a walking challenge is about to begin at work, and I joined a team.  We are going to WIN!

Hope you all have a terrific week!!

Yes to the apples (a.k.a. Pink Lady).  One of my favorites!

College textbooks are ridiculous.  When I went to college in the late 70s-early 80s, I could get all my books for less than $100 each quarter.  I may have gone over $100 a couple times but it wasn't by much.  I still have several of those books today (of course, you do) and many were hardcover.  I'd gasp when I'd open one that was $22.50.  (Remember that university tuition then was $69 a quarter.)

My last two degrees were killers.  Not only had tuition gone through the roof, but $100 wouldn't get me half a softcover book.  Worse, the degree I completed last year was weird in that all my books were online.  And they were still ridiculously expensive.

My beef is not only the price, but the amount of errors in them.  Not only grammatical and spelling errors, but the information is wrong.  A new edition will be published and it will be more expensive but sometimes the text is unchanged.  They update some photos and put a new cover on it, but it's the same old book that was $30 cheaper last year.  It's criminal.

There.  I've vented. Woman Frustrated

Ah ha.  That explains a lot to me about what's happening nowadays. I guess if it's wrong going in, no wonder it's wrong coming out.

Well, that, and the fact that... gee, do I want to go there?  Let's just say that higher education has changed since the days of $69 a quarter.  Students were encouraged to think.  Diversity of thought, rather than groupthink, was routine.  My professors actually taught.  Their job wasn't to indoctrinate.

Oh, well.  Looks like I went there.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Why, is that an angelic Rottie face I see as an avatar?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Why, is that an angelic Rottie face I see as an avatar?

Yes, this morning it's angelic, tomorrow, who knows?

I guess you can click on my profile to get a larger view.  I couldn't figure out how to post a decent sized photo.

Honored Contributor

Okay then, I guess I could figure out how to post a photo...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Contributor

Dosey does your walking challenge at work begin 8/29 and end 9/26?

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- AUGUST!

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Uh-oh.  I feel a song coming on...

That face, that face, that Cover Dog face!

It shines, it glows all over the place.

And how I love to watch it change expressions.

Each look becomes the pride of my possessions.

I love that face, that face, it just isn't fair.

You must forgive the way that I stare,

But never will these eyes behold a sight that could replace

That face, that face, that face.

Kitty, however, looks skeptical. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Beauties.  I am so glad the puppy worked out. So funny, in this picture her expression is "what me?"  

Respected Contributor

Alright, ladies. We have a few days to go in August, but no product purchases at all.  Whahooo!!!  I am planning on doing a no buy in September as well.  I am happy I didn't add any more bottles to my collection.  Although, they didn't go down very much.  I can't keep focused on using them up.  But, at least I didn't add. 

Have a great day, all. Time to run some errands.

Occasional Contributor

I'm all for this so count me in.  What can I do to help? 

Kgal in Kentucky