Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I've got to get ready to go to work, so have a happy and safe evening and get ready for 2015!

Pick one thing for January that you want to work on.

Super Contributor

Yay!!! I'm happy to see your thread just bee. I'm happy to say I haven't bought anything the last two days. LOL. Hey I just started a couple of days ago:-)

For January, I want to work on my list of must haves. I have too many duplicate items, like oils, Serums, etc. I want to get down to what I think will benefit me the most and get rid of the rest. I know some of you like to use everything up but I don't think that will work for me. I'm a tosser.

I'm also only buying new things when I finish something up, so I should not need to purchase much in January.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Super Contributor

I am going to work on my bedroom floor this month. My daughter and granddaughter moved in 6 months ago and I had to clear out a couple of rooms for them. the extra stuff has been sitting on my bedroom floor without a home. I need to solve this problem so I can vacuum.

Frequent Contributor

A few months ago, I took photos of the various rooms in my house. When I reviewed the photos, I realized I have too much stuff. Since then, I've been going room to room and getting rid of stuff I don't need. The rooms look soooo much better! Especially the kitchen.

I need to apply this philosophy to the rest of my life. Get rid of the excess!

Contributor
Thanks for starting this thread justbee! This month I need to focus on using up some lotions and getting rid of makeup that I no longer use/like. There is absolutely nothing that I need, so hopefully I wil start the year off right! Happy New Year everyone!
Valued Contributor

For January, the one thing I want to work on the most is finding animal friendly, non-toxic products to replace my laundry and cleaning supplies; and my shampoo, body, hand, and face products.

As I whittle down my stash (that will take quite some time), I'd like to have a line/brand at the ready for replacements. I did find a soap called "Branch Basics". It seems to be able to replace almost everything!

Wouldn't that be great? One soap that does it all! So that might take care of the "cleaning" aspect.

But I haven't figured out what I will do about the skincare yet. I'll have to do some searching I guess.

Happy New Year!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I'll be working on my collection of handbags. I gave some to my SIL and some to Goodwill already, will give some to my sisters when I see them in late Jan. It USED TO BE my "thing". Will do my best to stop cold turkey in this category in 2015.