Honored Contributor

Sitewide 30% off

Respected Contributor

Tks @monicakm for headsup. I've been wanting to try an eyeshadow palette from them. Never have bought CP...by chance have you used their eyeshadow and give me a little review if you like them, or not, why? Lasting power? Color payoff? Fallout? They are so inexpensive, I've wondered about quality.

Tks in advance. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

Yes I have had dozens of the colourpop eyeshadow palettes as well as the supershock shadows. I find them to be very nice and wear well.  I'm wearing a colourpop eyeshadow palette right now. It's the Deja Brew.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@amyb 

Yes I have had dozens of the colourpop eyeshadow palettes as well as the supershock shadows. I find them to be very nice and wear well.  I'm wearing a colourpop eyeshadow palette right now. It's the Deja Brew.

Good to know! The two I've been thinking of are Petals on Pointe and Of Quartz. I tend to like cooler neutrals, ivories, mauves, pinks, taupes, some soft matte some shimmers, for my everyday, all the time, really, look in eyeshadows. These two seemed like a good place to start with ColorPop, for me. Any thoughts if you have those? Anyhoo...probably where I'll start.

It's to replace an old similar Bobbi Brown palette with similar colors I've been using for a few years, actually several!...but I think their impact is wearing down, and time for fresh!

Respected Contributor

@amyb I second loving the eye shadows. Couldn't believe it considering the price but they are great. I haven't tried either of those palettes but honestly the prices are so good that your're bound to find something in a palette that you like. The first time I ordered I just ordered tons of singles although I didn't know at the time they don't come in a container. 

Now I'm probably off to buy more which I don't need. I like their eyeliner too but I think I'm preferring Julep for now just because it's a little thicker pencil. But definitely good staying power for the price. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb     Be careful with Colourpop.   They do not accept returns or give refunds.  I learned the hard way when I purchased an eyeshadow palette I did not like.  If you are going to purchase Colourpop products try buying through a website that carries them and accepts returns.  

@amyb wrote:

Tks @monicakm for headsup. I've been wanting to try an eyeshadow palette from them. Never have bought CP...by chance have you used their eyeshadow and give me a little review if you like them, or not, why? Lasting power? Color payoff? Fallout? They are so inexpensive, I've wondered about quality.

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I had Petals en Point but gave it away with more than half of my 50 palettes when Natasha Denona came out with "I Need a Nude" because I was positive I'd never need another palette.  I liked it, very nice soft colors.   Never had Of Quartz.

Respected Contributor

Re: Colourpop FYI

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@amyb 

I had Petals en Point but gave it away with more than half of my 50 palettes when Natasha Denona came out with "I Need a Nude" because I was positive I'd never need another palette.  I liked it, very nice soft colors.   Never had Of Quartz.

Oh good, that's what I like and am looking for..."soft colors." I'm going to finally get it today. I may just start with that one for now.

That's funny....EVERY influencer raves about that ND "I Need A Nude" palette...so I bought it last winter, with a Sephora gift card I got...and returned it. For the $75, I felt it wasn't worth it for me. Too many deeper colors I knew I wouldn't use. Too much glitter in the shimmers to me. And not the light enough shades I thought were in it...no soft ivory, or pinks as I recall. Either way, there maybe were 2 colors like what I was looking for. Online it looks beautiful. I've seen influencers, like Hot & Flashy, do their eyes and look great. But on me all I saw was too much glitter and not the colors I wanted for the price. I've often wondered if I didn't try it out enough, but I think I'll be just as happy with this CP for $9.50 today!!

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@amyb     Be careful with Colourpop.   They do not accept returns or give refunds.  I learned the hard way when I purchased an eyeshadow palette I did not like.  If you are going to purchase Colourpop products try buying through a website that carries them and accepts returns.  

@amyb wrote:

@Boehm Collector Tku for letting me know. I think that's why I'll just start with this one palette and see. For the $9.50 today, I'll take the risk. Otherwise I know I can get their palettes on Amazon, I think Ulta too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@amyb  - Out of curiosity I went and looked at the palette you are getting.  It looks so pretty.  Since you're looking for soft colors, think you picked a nice one for that.  Let us know what you think of it when you get it.