Respected Contributor

If QVC isn't going to carry Clinique then why not take their last inventory and make up gift bags at a discount?  I would buy one.  

Frequent Contributor

That's a good idea.  I would be interested in buying something like that.

It's the little things.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps Clinique wouldn't allow that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

If QVC isn't going to carry Clinique then why not take their last inventory and make up gift bags at a discount?  I would buy one.  

If they aren't going to have Clinique shows anymore, why keep inventory online at all? Is it fresh & still in date? I haven't seen a Clinique item presented in years.

Respected Contributor

How do we know that the inventory is PHYSICALLY in the Q warehouse?   There are plenty of items on the HSN's website that there is never a "show/presentation" for.  Same for BonTon/Amazon/WalMart etc. they advertise the products yet they get shipped by an outside source.  Maybe Clinque is paying for the items being on the Q's website and they are shipped from a non Q warehouse.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

How do we know that the inventory is PHYSICALLY in the Q warehouse?   There are plenty of items on the HSN's website that there is never a "show/presentation" for.  Same for BonTon/Amazon/WalMart etc. they advertise the products yet they get shipped by an outside source.  Maybe Clinque is paying for the items being on the Q's website and they are shipped from a non Q warehouse.

We don't know where it's stored or for how long. That's my point.

Respected Contributor

You are right!  I thought the items were already owned by QVC and in a warehouse ready to be shipped.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

You are right!  I thought the items were already owned by QVC and in a warehouse ready to be shipped.

I had stopped all my Bobbi Brown for the long time (a few years) there were no BB shows or presentations. The products were still on the Q's website, but some had been discontinued in stores many months before. I just wasn't going to take a chance on their freshness.