Regular Contributor

Re: Cleansing Oil - Do you have a favorite?

IMO the best there is, is shu uemura, but....they test on animals, so I am using up what I currently have in stock and moving on, probably to Tatcha.

On a rampage here to stop buying products that torture and maim animals, for no reason, as they don't have to test on them. I applaud all the companies that are cruelty free.

Super Contributor

DHC here too. It has made washing my face at night so much better.

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 4/10/2014 maestra said:

Erno Laszlo Pheletyl Cleansing Oil

Do you use an Erno Lazlo soap afterwards or some other product?

Yes, the Pheletyl tan colored soap since I am slightly dry. I did use the Sea Mud when my skin was decongesting for 3 months, but I no longer need it. My skin was becoming drier than I liked. This Pheletyl soap is cleansing but creamy and with the oil gets everything off, even eye mu. I don't write about this b/c the haters love to jump all over people if they don't approve of the cost of your products. I decided I didn't need the aggravation.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 maestra said:

Yes, the Pheletyl tan colored soap since I am slightly dry. I did use the Sea Mud when my skin was decongesting for 3 months, but I no longer need it. My skin was becoming drier than I liked. This Pheletyl soap is cleansing but creamy and with the oil gets everything off, even eye mu. I don't write about this b/c the haters love to jump all over people if they don't approve of the cost of your products. I decided I didn't need the aggravation.

I've always loved the sea mud soap but hated the mess it left my sink! {#emotions_dlg.sad} I also like oil cleansing and have at least a half bottle of Pheityl oil to use but didn't want to buy another bar of sea mud soap when my tiny sliver is gone. So I may give the tan bar a try. You know the products last a long time so I can't understand why people jump all over other people about what products a person buys or how much it costs. Plus my skin does look great when I use Erno Lazlo's cleansing routine. But I understand what you mean. Thanks for the info.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

I'm another Tatcha fan. I tried DHC and Shiseido in the past, but never felt compelled to reorder. I'm sure there are other great brands out there, but I just am currently smitten by Tatcha. I also use their Rice Powder.

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2014 maestra said:

I've always loved the sea mud soap but hated the mess it left my sink! {#emotions_dlg.sad} I also like oil cleansing and have at least a half bottle of Pheityl oil to use but didn't want to buy another bar of sea mud soap when my tiny sliver is gone. So I may give the tan bar a try. You know the products last a long time so I can't understand why people jump all over other people about what products a person buys or how much it costs. Plus my skin does look great when I use Erno Lazlo's cleansing routine. But I understand what you mean. Thanks for the info.

Yes, the cleansing oil and black soap do make a mess out of the basin, but then I think of what could be lurking in my pores so I just deal-small price to pay.

Frequent Contributor

Love Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing oil for at least 2 years.

Contributor

Im currently using DHC which I love. Shu Uemera is the best IMO, but I also don't like the price or animal testing. Tatcha is a good one too as well as Clinique cleansing balm. I use the oils every night & love them. Josie Maran I cannot recommend, I didn't care for it

Super Contributor

I have used Tatcha, Josies and Laura Mercier as well as Bobbi Brown and I love the new Bare Minerals cleansing oil. It has a great consistency and not bad on the price