Respected Contributor

I understand that QVC doesn't have a sink with running water on their set.  So, they do the best they can with a large bowl of water.

What gets to me is that the model will use the cleanser and then wipe her face none too gently with a washcloth to get it off.  To me, this says NOTHING about how the cleanser might work.  You can get makeup off with pretty much ANY cleanser and a vigorous use of a washcloth. 

I have to cleanse gently because my skin is drier than it used to be.  So I do not use a washcloth.  I have a few cleansers and know which ones work well for makeup.  Otherwise, I just try to be as gentle as possible.

Wish they would just use the water sometimes and no washcloth. 

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

@hyacinth003 I cringe when I see that demostration. They really pull on their skin, even under the eyes.

Super Contributor

I was watching the Philosophy show a little bit ago and caught one of Purity cleanser demos. The young lady, after dutifully applying the cleanser all over her face, then picked up a washcloth for removal and the washcloth already had make up on it. Don't get me wrong, she still got quite a bit of "new" make up off with that washcloth, but it struck me as gross that she didn't start with a clean one. Smiley Surprised

Also noticed how beautiful she looked after her make up removal.....now to figure out why I don't look that way when I take my make up off lol

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Oh, come on!   I think you may be expecting too much from a demonstration.   It's like showing someone washing their hands.   You already know the drill, you know the steps, so don't expect some miracle revelation from a demo.

If you REALLY want to know how a cleanser works, read the reviews.

JMO

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, come on!   I think you may be expecting too much from a demonstration.   It's like showing someone washing their hands.   You already know the drill, you know the steps, so don't expect some miracle revelation from a demo.

If you REALLY want to know how a cleanser works, read the reviews.

JMO

I know I cannot rely on their demonstrations.  And I wouldn't.  But it's more than a little disingenuous to imply that scrubbing your face with a washcloth (and the models do) isn't JUST the cleanser!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I've said it on here before..... I always use a wet washcloth to wipe off excess makeup before using my cleanser.  And, I always get off just as much makeup using a washcloth and plain tap water as the model who uses the Purity.  It's not the Purity that's removing all that makeup from her face, it's the wet washcloth.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I've said it on here before..... I always use a wet washcloth to wipe off excess makeup before using my cleanser.  And, I always get off just as much makeup using a washcloth and plain tap water as the model who uses the Purity.  It's not the Purity that's removing all that makeup from her face, it's the wet washcloth.

@tototwo

Interesting ...  I've never heard of that.  I would guess that your laundry, filled with washcloths covered with makeup, must be pretty yucky!  

Regular Contributor

I get kind of a chuckle out of these demos. Of course there's makeup on the washcloth. What i care about is how much is left on my face!

Demo fail...

Frequent Contributor

You gals on this thread are sooooo funny. Telling someone their laundry must be "YUCKY" if they take their makeup off with a wash cloth.  I use a washcloth to remove my makeup also, believe me my laundry is not YUCKY.  I do wash my cloths with my towels and they are beautifully clean.     If this is all you guys have to worry about,  LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!    Keep it comming, its very funny......lol lo

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003,  I love when the model removes makeup with a dry wash cloth and presses hard so her face is all red (IT Cosmetics does this all the time) and then they tell the audience that she has redness.  Any one would have redness when you press that hard!  LOL  I use a soft sponge and a beauty cleanser to remove my makeup and if I want a really good cleaning I use whatever body wash I have, sponge & water when I am in the shower, I wash my face with it.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength