Honored Contributor

Where's the weirdest place you've had milia?

Of all places, I have one right in my upper lashline! How weird. Never had that before. Guess I'm going to have to go to my derm soon to have it removed. The stupid thing is causing my lashes to separate. yuk!Woman Tongue And no, it's not a stye. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where's the weirdest place you've had milia?

@SilleeMee

Hmm.  I guess nowhere ..... never heard of them and had to google the word to learn what it meant.    I recently had a brief heat rash ...  does that count?    

Respected Contributor

I noticed upon rubbing my eyelid a few years ago a little bump.Got out the magnifying mirror to check what it was. A tiny white one under the crease of my lid.  Looked it up online and that's what it was. Since it's not noticeable I left it alone.  Seems it's common on eyelids but would definitely have it taken off at the Derm's if it was on lashline. It is strange. Woman FrustratedWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

I've never had heat rash that I can remember anyway. It doesn't sound pleasant. @Tinkrbl44

Honored Contributor

I had a milium on my eyelid that became very annoying. The ophthalmologist removed it.

FYI: Milia are not pimples. They have no opening. They are basically keratin-filled cysts. For one reason or another (sun exposure, trauma to the skin from certain procedures), the skin has folded over on itself. They can be extremely tiny -- also known as milia seeds -- or they can be a bit bigger.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee,  In my eyebrow but I finally got rid of it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 No it's not a heat rash, but a tiny clogged pore.  I just looked it up again too.

Funny enough it says it can come from mineral oil creams or cortisone creams.  Would you know a few years ago I had a swollen eyelid (most likely from false eyelashes which I wear sometimes) and used a cortisone cream from my derm to get rid of the swelling.  That's probably where I got mine!  It's microscopic, hard to see, but can feel it. Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee,  In my eyebrow but I finally got rid of it.

How did you get rid of it @Katcat1?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee,  If I remember correctly, I squeezed very hard and I think I poked it with a pointed tweezer.  I hate those darn things.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've done that, too @Katcat1 but not gonna do it on my lashline. Anywhere else I'm okay with removing  myself. This is so weird. At first I thought I was missing some eyelashes in one spot until I looked closely and saw the dang bugger.Woman Tongue