Honored Contributor

What exactly is QVC's policy concerning labeling a line Clean Beauty.  They currently have Tweak'd on and they mentioned that this was one of their top Clean Beauty lines.  I thought Clean meant all natural.  I know he has a lot of non-natural ingredients in a lot of his products.  The Restore treatment I think could be labled Clean.  I know some of his products have silicones in it while at the same time he talks about silicones building up on your hair.  

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Just my 2 cents, but I also feel that lines that use artificial colors and dyes should be excluded, but they are not. 

Valued Contributor

I agree, I read the labels before ordering because I am sensitive. WEN burns my head and is almost all chemicals. The brand you mentioned is not much better. I have been using Eva Naturals because they are cheaper and have less junk in them. I buy shampoo that is as natural as possible but that is hard to find. Sodium laurel sulfates in shampoos make my head itch so regular ones are out plus they put so much chemical perfumes in beauty products. 

Super Contributor

There is no criteria for a "clean" beauty product.

Dr Dray on you tube warns about being taken in by the clean beauty label.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/clean-beauty.html?redirectTerm=clean+beauty

Thanks, @Shelbelle.  That's not particularly clean to me.

I have nothing against the line.  I do use the Restore Rejuvenating Treatment Oil not becasue it is clean although I do think that particular product actually is clean ( I would have to go back and look at the ingredients), but because it doesn't have ingredients that I avoid and because it does what I want it to do.   I'm not anti-chemical, but I think their Clean designation is VERY misleading.  

He has some ingredients in his products that I actually look at side-eyed because I'm surprised he would use them in a product that he would recommend for his mom.  

Esteemed Contributor

There is NO  set standard for labeling something as "Clean".

It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

It's just the latest "catch phrase" and marketing gimmick to get people to spend money .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Well, QVC does have a standard, albeit a very low one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, QVC does have a standard, albeit a very low one.

@Icegoddess 

Which goes to my point, that it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer as to what is classified as "Clean".

There is NO industry set standard that products have to meet certain criteria in order to be classified as "Clean".

What one company classifies as " Clean ", another company won't.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Even if it is so called "clean" or natural, it is still possible to have an allergic reaction to it.