Regular Contributor

Does anyone know what happened to Clarisonic? Did they go out of business or were they bought out by another company? Did anything take its place? My Mia is a few years old and I know it will die eventually. 

Honored Contributor

Clarisonic failed to evolve in technology.

Clarisonic priced themselves out of the market and could not compete with devices which were technologically better for less money. 

If you want genuine Clarisonic then check out US.CurrentBody dot com. They sell authentic but it will cost you plenty.

Honored Contributor

iT BOMBED!  I would never put brushes on my face.  Never bought one, not  missed.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@FLGranny    To answer your question, they went out of business; did not sell out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

IMHO, women and science became more savvy with skincare. When acids and retinols were being used as exfiliants, a brush wasn't necessary to clean pores or remove dead cells. A washcloth, if that, is all that's needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

IMHO, women and science became more savvy with skincare. When acids and retinols were being used as exfiliants, a brush wasn't necessary to clean pores or remove dead cells. A washcloth, if that, is all that's needed.

Probably bought the first Clarisonic from the Q a zillion years ago and it did not improve my skin one little bit and I was a faithful user. I just kept thinking it would help me w/ cleaning around my nostrils. And why does eveything migrate to that location? Ugh.

Clarisonic still works, I just don't use it anymore. I should probably keep it to use on my legs w/ spring coming, but I'm thinking a loofah brush would work as well and be quicker.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor
July 29, 2020

New York
 CNN 

Clarisonic, the brand that invented vibrating skin cleansing devices, stunned fans earlier this month when it announced that it was shutting down for good.

The news came via an Instagram post on July 14 in which Clarisonic, owned by L’Oreal, said the brand will shutter its operations on Sept 30 after “more than a decade of game-changing innovation.”

Respected Contributor

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I haven't seen it here on QVC in a few years probably. I still have mine but when I moved a few years ago, I put all of my charge cords in a box and now I don't remember what cord belongs to my Clarisonic so I haven't used it. 

Respected Contributor

When Clarisonic first came out, I bought one at full price.

I used it only for a short time. Even using the gentle brush head,

I got broken capillaries. I have very sensitive skin. I had to stop using it. Now I only use cotton pads.

Trusted Contributor
Enufstuff, The same thing happened to me. I got broken capillaries and stopped using it. I guess I should dig it out and start using it on my legs