Super Contributor

Yes, Clarisonic did go out of business....I guess I'm in the minority here ...I have a Mia 2 I like it ....I feel as if I'm getting a facial..helps with circulation ....I've had it for quite a few years...and still works.,,,, the charging lasts at least a month.....when I don't use it .........to me ....my skin doesn't look as fresh and bright....when I heard they went out of business... I panicked because of needing brushes...but I did find copycats on Amazon...and happily and surprisingly....for a lot less money then the originals...

Respected Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

Yes, Clarisonic did go out of business....I guess I'm in the minority here ...I have a Mia 2 I like it ....I feel as if I'm getting a facial..helps with circulation ....I've had it for quite a few years...and still works.,,,, the charging lasts at least a month.....when I don't use it .........to me ....my skin doesn't look as fresh and bright....when I heard they went out of business... I panicked because of needing brushes...but I did find copycats on Amazon...and happily and surprisingly....for a lot less money then the originals...

I feel the same I still love mine and dont feel like my face gets as clean when I dont use it. I also found knock offs on amazon.

Honored Contributor

@TVLand 

@spumoni99 

I'm with you and I don't think we are in the minority actually.  Thousands and thousands were sold over the years, so there had to be satisfied customers.

I have 3....all Mia....one in each bathroom.  My DD & DIL & DS all still use theirs that I gifted them.

I use it everyday...they are still going strong many, many years later.

I use PTR Retinol every night, but I NEED my Clarisonic to really deep clean my pores.

Respected Contributor

I still have and like the Clarisonic. It is great on flaky skin and bald heads. I have a stash of brush heads and I understand you can buy dupe brushes on Amazon.

I feel this will make a return someday new and improved. These companies often do that.

The former rep for Clarisonic has joined the Philosophy crew presenting on QVC. 

Respected Contributor

I have used my Clarisonic for over 10 years and has served me well. The one that I have currently is a Smart Clarisonic and seems to be going strong. So when this fails I will have to look for another replacement. The nice part is that they did offer brushes for different types of skin. I use the gentle or radiance brushes and they have not been harsh by any means. I have seen brushes on Amazon recently but they are becoming more scarce on other sites. When L'Oreal took them over, I guess they felt this was not profitable to keep this part of the business.

Trusted Contributor

I still love and use my Clarisonic, too.  The reason I bought it was so I wouldn't have to use harsh acids and retinol on my skin as I have very sensitive skin.  My skin is very dry and flakey and the Clarisonic removes the dry dead skin so well.

Granted, the unit was quite expensive and the price for the brushes was a rip off, but I will continue to use my unit until it stops working.  At that time, I hope I can find a good replacement system.

Esteemed Contributor

I got rid of mine. Bought a silicone one by flawless. They are just more sanitary and don't have to replace brushes. My face feels just as silky snotty as it did with clarisonic.

Honored Contributor

I also bought 2 Mias and still use them. Well worth the money. And when I heard they were no longer going to produce them, I stocked up on brushes. I have quite a few brushes. 

I am so pleased with the way my skin feels. Glad I bought them.

Respected Contributor

It was one of those products that was beat to death on air with Dr. Rob Akridge.  Kinda like what they're doing now with all the lines of pajamas, CuddlDuds especially.  Every time you turn on the TV, they're pedding jammies.  

Respected Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

@TVLand I just dug my Mia 2 out recently and started using it again. I've never used it faithfully, never felt the need, but every now and then. But when I did, I did not get broken capillaries, and like you said...it always felt like a little spa treatment and my skin looked or at least felt rejuvenated a bit.

Question...I'm looking to buy a few replacement brushes, as I will admit, I never did change my brushes enough. (but again, I seldom used it and it did come with some replacement brushes, at that time.)

Anyway...can you recommend what you actually bought on Amazon...I'm looking at them all now.

Also...do you ever disinfect them...if so, how...dishwasher? Safe to microwave? Just wondering. (I often run my toothbrushes through the dishwasher, and I've heard people say they sometimes put things like loofahs in the microwave to disinfect.) 

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy