Honored Contributor

I tried it and the Michael Todd one; both did nothing for me. Maybe it's not made for those who were a full face of makeup; I wear spf 50 plus foundation and powder so...it just moved it around. Cleaning the brushes was a hassle.

I tried the Foreo and the cost, for what it does, is way too much.

Instead, I use the little pink scrubbie thing from Sephora for $3. Does an amazing job, no scraping, no pain, no nothing and the price is excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I tried it and the Michael Todd one; both did nothing for me. Maybe it's not made for those who were a full face of makeup; I wear spf 50 plus foundation and powder so...it just moved it around. Cleaning the brushes was a hassle.

I tried the Foreo and the cost, for what it does, is way too much.

Instead, I use the little pink scrubbie thing from Sephora for $3. Does an amazing job, no scraping, no pain, no nothing and the price is excellent.

I don't suggest you use it to remove makeup. I always use it in the morning when there is no makeup on skin.

Honored Contributor
  • @ccassaday You may not suggest it but the vendors/reps do; their packaging does. Why would I pay $100 for something that doesn't remove makeup? I mean... just why?  As per many dermatologists, unless you use a retinal at night, you don't even need to wash your face in the mornings; a warm clean cloth is all that's necessary.
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:
  • @ccassaday You may not suggest it but the vendors/reps do; their packaging does. Why would I pay $100 for something that doesn't remove makeup? I mean... just why?  As per many dermatologists, unless you use a retinal at night, you don't even need to wash your face in the mornings; a warm clean cloth is all that's necessary.

I find there are a ton more benefits to using it then just as a makeup remover. There are a lot of scientific claims it makes also. 

Respected Contributor

I used a Clarisonic Mia for about 3 years, til it wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I liked it, but I don't miss it and probably won't get another one. I wear a full face of makeup 6 days a week, and a microfiber washcloth or a Simple brand wipe removes it just as well. My pores aren't clogged and I rarely get a blemish...just the same as when I was using the Mia.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday  See, I don't. Majority of those claims are paid/sponsored by the vendor and are not peer reviewed. Exfoliation can be done in other ways; that is the prime reason for this device (and others like it). Exfoliation does assist but it doesn't have to cost a hundred plus.

If it works for you, go for it.

Contributor

YES!  Very worth the money!  i didn't consider buying one until just last month and i am so happy i did.  i use it every night and what a difference!  My skin feels so much better after cleaning with the clarisonic!  I got the Mia 2. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@ccassaday  See, I don't. Majority of those claims are paid/sponsored by the vendor and are not peer reviewed. Exfoliation can be done in other ways; that is the prime reason for this device (and others like it). Exfoliation does assist but it doesn't have to cost a hundred plus.

If it works for you, go for it.

I like how my skin feels after. I can't stand using a washcloth. I dealt with psoriasis for many years. I had a huge spot on my forehead. It did wonders with smoothing it and deflating it. I am on meds now so it is gone but I loved it for that. I just know how I like it. Like you said if you don't see the benefits that's fine too.