Contributor

How would you use Chuda Healing Hydrating Facial Cream with Retin A and Hydroquinone?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't try things willy-nilly these days, nor do I need any skin healing, but I liked the ingredients in this cream, so I got it. Very, very nice! I use it as my morning moisturizer, and don't generally use any moisturizer p.m.

If you are using the hydroquinone, use that first (probably a.m. & p.m.) then use as directed: warm in your fingertips & press in the Chuda afterward. (I sort of water mine down with my green tea toner.)

At night, the hydroquinone, your Retin A, and if you want to, use the Chuda, if needed.

I imagine this cream is excellent on any type of skin redness. My skin is flawless!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa  So rarely do I hear that someone has "flawless" skin.  Would you mind reviewing your protocol am and pm....thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrdI hesitated in saying that, but it's really the truth. I don't do or need foundation makeup, and now, really don't need concealing.

I've been using .15% retinol from Alpha (no moisturizer at night), but I do support with eye cream (Victoria Principal) and neck cream - whatever I have on hand.

Vitamin C, L-ascorbic acid (Devita @ .17%), followed by AHAs (Alpha Enhanced Renewal Cream) @ 12%, followed by moisturizer.

Really, that's it.

Everything kicked up a notch when I began hydrating with the 7-step Korean toning, which I do as a morning step. For that, I use my home-made green tea w/ fermented rice and then cheapy toners from Andalou.

I really believe in the green tea. (Try to drink lots, too!) Victoria Principal has a green tea moisturizer, that I incorporate w/ the Chuda.

Facial massage and the tapping in the toners really helps. I believe in facial circulation. It's not just product; sometimes you can use any old thing. It's also other good practice.

Just to note: I have no skin sensitivities, so this works for me.

Super Contributor

I would love to hear back from anyone who has been using this cream.  Woman Happy  I have been eyeing it for a new wintertime moisturizer.  Indoor heating just assaults my skin from head to toe! I have a lot of good products to help me fight what can feel like a losing battle, but this one really intrigues me!

Honored Contributor

Have you seen the ingredients for this very high priced cream, it is mineral oil, with a few actives at the very end of the deck!! I would not pay 5 cents for it, sad but true.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa  I appreciate your information and the brand names.  Yes, green tea is a great tonic for your body as well as your face.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Here's the ingredients:

Purified Water (Catalyzed), Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Sorbitol, Dromiceius Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-40 Castor Oil, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Urea, Mannitol, Remedea Compound (Olea Europeaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Beeswax, Pollen, Propolis), Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,  Butylene Glycol, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Glucosamine HCL, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Allantoin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Yeast Extract, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

Standard old school heavy moisturizer. Mainly water, silicone, and mineral oil. I had to look up Dromiceius Oil. It's emu oil. And this list says Remedea Compound is olive oil.

But the thing is, sometimes a moisturizer shouldn't logically do much based on what's in it, but it just does. If you find something like that, it's great and you should keep using it as long as it makes you happy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Have you seen the ingredients for this very high priced cream, it is mineral oil, with a few actives at the very end of the deck!! I would not pay 5 cents for it, sad but true.

@ShelbelleThat's precisely why I wanted to try it! I used to think some of those skin ingredients were "bad," but I have since had a change of heart, that, after more investigation.

Let's just say, I would rather have my own skin moisture protected and sealed in by such than not.

@PorcelainThanks for posting the ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@ShelbelleThat's precisely why I wanted to try it! I used to think some of those skin ingredients were "bad," but I have since had a change of heart, that, after more investigation.

Let's just say, I would rather have my own skin moisture protected and sealed in by such than not.

@PorcelainThanks for posting the ingredients.

Eucerin cream from the drugstore will probably afford you the same results and talk about afford!!