Esteemed Contributor

I wear a foundation in a light tone.  BUT I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY EXACT SHADE SHOULD BE.  Fair?  Porcelain?  Light?  I have no idea if I have warm tones or cool tones. How to check this out?  No cosmetic places left in our area, long gone.  Everything is online.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Is excellent wealth of information. More than sure she will help you.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I wear a foundation in a light tone.  BUT I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY EXACT SHADE SHOULD BE.  Fair?  Porcelain?  Light?  I have no idea if I have warm tones or cool tones. How to check this out?  No cosmetic places left in our area, long gone.  Everything is online.  

@bonnielu  I can help w/ tone, but shade is not easy w/o trying on the foundation.

Look at the color of the veins on the under side of your wrist. If they look blue...you’re cool, if green then you’re warm. If you can’t tell much difference, go for a neutral tone.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

@Sweet_Serenity  Thanks for the compliment. I’ll assume you meant that in the nicest way. 😜

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks, I really had no idea.  I just know what is too dark which seems like everything.  I buy from a  box store or drug store or super store whatever is on sale.  And I have started to hunt Amazon.  But in any case I still cannot properly try it.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

There are some excellent videos on youtube that help to determine whether you are cool, warm or neutral. 

Personally, I have found the nomenclature regarding foundation names is dependent upon the line. What is fair in one company may be medium in another. You need to select a few foundations for comparison best purchased with free returns.

Good Luck @bonnielu.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

ITA. @Shanus always gives great tips and info! 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Definitely! Enjoy learning from your posts. You do know your business. 💓

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

ITA. @Shanus always gives great tips and info! 🙂

@wvumountiefan   😘

Esteemed Contributor

Looked at my veins.  Blue-green ....ONLY KIDDING, MY COLOR IS  BLUE AND THEREFORE I AM ONE COOL GAL. 

THANKS