Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christie Brinkley 61!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

On 3/7/2015 Barbara Mom of 5 said:

To me, her nervousness came off as genuine excitement and enthusiasm for her products. I think it made her seem more real and easy to relate to... I'd have been nervous if I was on TV promoting my new skincare line too.

I am in the market for a new exfoliater (the one i've been using is too harsh) and a new SPF day cream, so for $70, I am willing to give them a try! If I don't like them and/or don't see results, I simply won't repurchase. In my opinion, the price was right, and I did like her enthusiasm, so I'll give them a whirl!

If you see no improvement, Barbara, return them.

Honored Contributor

I think she looks fantastic and her surgeon is one of the best I have seen.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/6/2015 moonstone dunes said:

It was a strange presentation....she has a couple ingredients that have shown to be collagen boosting properties, Methylglucoside Phosphate and Copper Lysinate/Prolinate. (Neodermyl)

But she came off so air-headed (sorry Christie) She could have taken the time to highlight key ingredients, instead of changing outfits like she was on a fashion shoot and gasping over the before and afters (which weren't great) . Even the repetitive Doris Day MD segments shed no light on the actual contents of her creams. So if they can't articulate what is in them how good could they possible be?

She is not terribly bright and never has been. Beautiful? yes.

Valued Contributor

I DVR'd the midnight show. I think I remember "salicylic acid" being tough for her to get out when discussing the cleanser. Neodermyl is a hot ingredient. No one discussed any of the tech's. When QVC had the doctor with the "37 actives" presentation 2-3 weeks ago, it, too, was similarly vague.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/5/2015 hyacinth003 said:

Even IF she has had cosmetic surgery or other procedures, she looks fabulous.

If she's had surgery, she had a great surgeon.

And, HSN has fabulous lighting!!

Hyacinth

Remember when Suzanne Somers was on HSN? They had a special set and lighting?? Everything was lavender on the set. I have seen pics of Suzanne w/o special effects and she looks very different.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I don't think she's had surgery. Botox and fillers...yes! I actually would have purchased her products, but the daytime cream has a chemical spf instead of physical spf. Not sure why she would go that route but oh well.

Super Contributor

Staying fit and keeping their face youthful is a full time job for many celebs. You read about the spa treatments, rigid diets, cosmetic procedures, hours long workouts. Christie has no career now except being Christie so she works at it the way we do at our careers. As for the personal life she's had, she's no one to envy.

Contributor

Give me a break! She has been tweaked so much it's laughable. Pshhhh skin products are laughable

Trusted Contributor

She looks fabulous and yes, surgically enhanced for sure but whoever does it, its very natural and looks good. Reminds me of when I saw Julie Andrews on the Oscar blurb and she also looked lovely for a woman in her 80s or late 70s.

Honored Contributor

She is a lovely woman who wisely chose a plastic surgeon with a "less is more philosophy". But don't be fooled into thinking she looks as young in person, or that it has anything to do with her new line of beauty products!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~