Contributor

Re: CarolynG, You Look Marvelous, Dahling!

I don't think it's an improvement, sorry don't slam me..lol. She's a big girl and the shorter style emphasizes her large head and body. She looks heavier with the shorter hair.

Honored Contributor

It takes 20 years off her face and the age factor is big.

Super Contributor

Carolyn looks great, modern and stylish.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks spectacular.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I really those silly ""over 40"" rules. Do you think women will ever get over that foolishness?
Honored Contributor

Nice look on Carolyn.

Respected Contributor

On 8/16/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm well over 40 and wear my hair long. I don't really think you can assign a hair style to an age. IMO, that's old-fashioned thinking. My mom used to say that once a woman was married and started having babies she should wear her hair short. What's up with that? IMO, the hairstyle one wears needs to compliment the shape and size of her face and her body size. Because I'm a bit heavy, I don't think a short, sassy style would look good on me at all, even though they can be super cute on someone else. That said, I thought Carolyn looked great before and she looks great now.

I agree with you. I also think if someone does not have a firm jawline that short hair emphasizes that fact. Slightly longer hair also balances out the body shape. When you read weight loss stories, often times women cut their hair because they are slimmer and short hair emphasizes every line, wrinkle and sagging.

The model in the Chico's advertisements has a beautiful mid length almost short hairstyle and she is fabulous. Extremes in any direction don't always work on a woman over a certain age.

I think if Carolyn loves her hair, that is really what counts, though.

Valued Contributor

Was she on this morning? I wonder if there is a product video with her new do?

Edited to add: I just found a couple of video's and she looks fantastic. Love her new ""do"".

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 BaileyBop said:

Was she on this morning? I wonder if there is a product video with her new do?

Yes...Check out the ""items recently on air"" link and you'll probably find her somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I think Carolyn's hair cut is darling. I liked her last cut as well. But I really can't subscribe to the notion that women over 40 need to wear their hair short. I am happiest/look best when my hair style doesn't fight my hair's nature. I am a curly girl who spent years trying to keep my hair straight. It was time consuming and often a mess. Now that my hair cut compliments my soft curls (below my shoulders by the way) my hair is healthier, easy to manage and, in my opinion, far more attractive.