Honored Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Products. WOW!

On 8/24/2014 Harpa said:
On 8/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 8/23/2014 Harpa said:

I should have gotten that TS. My hair does really well w/ Monoi.

Does anyone know of a fragrance that uses Monoi. I think Yves Rocher had one, but anything else? TY!

Harpa, the Monoi fragrance is a combination of tiare flower and coconut. Here's a link to the tiare page on fragrantica. You can read about the flower and also see the section where she mentions Monoi being a combination of it and coconut.

You will also see a list of suggested perfumes with tiare, so then check out those with coconut as well. The problem would be in determining how prevalent the tiare/coconut is in a particular fragrance. So for that, reading the fragrantica reviews and looking at the notes displayed will help.

Suzy, thank you for that link, and the name of the flower! I think I read that you like floral. Is there a tiare fragrance you can personally recommend?

Harpa, I'm okay with floral, depending on the particular scent obviously. I tend to gravitate more to Oriental Vanillas or Floral Fruity Gourmands (fragrantica labels). But they usually have flower notes as well.

The only perfume I have right now that has tiare and coconut is Jennifer Lopez's JLove. It's on the list on the page I linked you to, along with a bunch of others that feature tiare. If you want that Monoi feel, you want to look at those in which tiare and coconut are prominent.

I do like JLove. It's a nice tropical scent, but I have no clue as to whether it smells very much like Monoi. Kohls carries it, so you could check it out there, which is nice because so many of the ones you see on that list are hard to come by locally. Blind buys are always iffy.

Here are the notes for JLove:

JLove by Jennifer Lopez is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. JLove was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Honorine Blanc. Top notes are raspberry, pink grapefruit, pineapple and tangerine; middle notes are orchid, water lily, tiare flower and coconut; base notes are vanilla, white wood and musk.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Products. WOW!

On 8/20/2014 Me24 said:
On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

what does wen have to do with anything? Some people just like to stir the proverbial WEN pot any chance they get. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Anyway, glad you like your product. I've never had luck with CD's products, unfortunately.

So...out of that particular post from the OP....you think she was stiring the proverbial WEN pot?

L_MAO....you seriously need a life - or maybe some mid life crisis pills! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

yes. It was antagonistic and unnecessary to even bring up wen when she was lauding the virtues of carols daughter. "I know I will probably get blasted by wen people" !? do you see any other reason to make a statement like that?