Trusted Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Products. WOW!

I usually like all the CD's products but the manoi shampoo dried out my hair something awful. The conditioner was good and I like the anti breakage spray. The shampoo left my hair like straw.

Esteemed Contributor

CD's Monoi products were great for me when they first came out- but subsequent months just so so. It never dried my hair out- it just didn't have the 'wow!' factor anymore. I love her Chocolat haircare items, but they're not promoted (aka on sale!!) often. I restock when her website has promos for members.

Super Contributor

Nicky221...I bought the same kit you did from the other channel{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I am trying to let my grey hair grown all the way in but got talked into getting highlights to blend the color so it wasn't so noticeable...not sure what happened but the highlights were gone within a week and my hair was an absolute mess...the ends looked like they hate melted together...now I have to brag a little and tell you at 58 I have nice hair and I've always had really nice hair..yes, I went back to the salon and they gave me my money back...love, love the way the gal cuts my wavy hair but I think she was asleep she highlighted it...I will continue to go back for her cuts but no way will she ever touch my hair to highlight it..anyhoo, my hair was SO dry and the ends as I said were melted..I just happened to tune in the night of this Todays Special and thought what the heck..the first time I used it I didn't notice much, the 2nd time I thought WOW this is working, the 3rd time I was blown away how much better my hair looked and felt!!! I have somewhat thick, wavy/curly hair just past my chin cut in kind of a bob but wear it naturally curly..I'm telling you it was a hot mess after that color and this stuff and turned it around...and yes, the smell is delicious!!! I love WEN too, in fact when the TSV comes thru for WEN I'll order but I love this stuff too!!

Super Contributor

I'm glad you had luck with the TS but so far I have not. My hair felt difficult to manage, the ends felt dry, and puffy and the top was sort of flat. A day later it began to irritate my scalp and was looking dirty on top. I'll give it another try but so far this has been a regretful purchase for me. I tossed all the packaging because I never assumed I might have an issue with it to the point where I would not want to use it.

Respected Contributor

Try her hair milk. it is fantastic. The only thing that stops me from using it permanently is it has a strong floral scent but it makes your hair perfect

Frequent Contributor

I have tried several products in the Monoi line. The hair mask was pretty good and everything smelled amazing but after the initial products were gone, I didn't feel compelled to purchase again. Maybe I just didn't use them long enough to see a real difference. I wouldn't mind trying the serum...

Also, I have noticed REALLY dry scalp and irritation with WEN but I believe it is six thirteen that's doing it. I've used summer honey peach, lavender, and tea tree CC's separately and mixed together in several combinations and didn't have a problem until I added the six thirteen to the mix.

Super Contributor

I have often thought of CD as the other chanels alternative cleanser, much like WEN. I did order the special large jar of almond cookie souffle, I had the vanilla bean for the longest time and it smelled divine. I like both CD and Wen...if thats ok with everybody monitering the forums.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 kjohnson said:

I just started using the Monoi anti-breakage spray about 1 week ago.

The good (so far). Smells very nice, my hair is much softer, and from what I can tell it is helping hold my style longer.

The bad... Hair is still breaking at the exact same rate as it was before I started using Monoi. So much for that idea...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

OK... I am now retracting everything I've ever said positive about this Monoi stuff.

I took a good look in the mirror late last night after a very long day. My hair wasn't really soft, and the style really wasn't looking that great. In fact it looked and felt like cotton candy...I guess one can argue cotton candy is "soft". {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Anyhow, I left the house this morning without the Monoi spray and I'm just hoping my hair gets back to it's normal state soon.

Never again will I waste my money on these types of over priced, over hyped, "high-end", under performing products!

Super Contributor

I love Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk cleansing conditioner and the Hair Milk. Hair Pudding for styling. I searched for years for something to tame my thick, coarse, wavy hair and finally discovered this. It keeps my hair under control without a greasy look or weighing it down. It is my holy grail for my hair and I don't need to look anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

hmmm wondering now about the CD....my TS order is on advance order. I have a sulfate free shampoo and it makes my hair very flat and ends flyaway. from Samy, Escencia, I think HSN sold this years ago, probably old I got it a discount store.