Trusted Contributor

Can you recommend a great face mask??

I used a wonderful clay mask from QVC at least 15 years ago.  I bought the Purity Made Simple mask and it burned my face.  I am looking for something that will clean and hydrate.  So, any recommendations?  TIA. Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a great face mask??

I recommend that you check out the Skinn masks on Evine or on the Skinn website.  I have found those I have used to be excellent.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Contributor

Plain Greek yogurt.  I use it almost every night and it works great.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Peter Thomas Roth cucumber  mask or rose mask for hydration. I use his pumpkin mask to exfoliate. I got the trio when it was a one time only. 

Valued Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

I recommend that you check out the Skinn masks on Evine or on the Skinn website.  I have found those I have used to be excellent.

ITA! Skinn's masks are great. Check out his pink watermelon mask, it might be great for you as it is really easy on the skin with no burning!Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What kind of mask are you looking for @kutira?  

For a great hydrating mask I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask. I like it because it does not dry down like most clay-based masks. As a matter of fact, you can leave this one on overnight for a deeper treatment. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly.

Paula's Choice also has a mask for blackheads and large pores called Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask. I have not tried that one. It is for combination skin or oily skin.

You can get samples from them. 

Cruelty-free Company as well.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Cooling, Refreshing, Mask...My Favorite!

Cucumber Tonic Mask

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

I used a wonderful clay mask from QVC at least 15 years ago.  I bought the Purity Made Simple mask and it burned my face.  I am looking for something that will clean and hydrate.  So, any recommendations?  TIA. Heart

Been happily using the following always-well-reviewed one for decades, AND it's really resonably-priced.  

Just Google for B&M and online vendors.

maska-dlja-licza-freeman.jpg (300×300)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kutira - My first recommendation would be the Skinn PM Olive and Enzyme Cleanser.  It cleanses, but can be left on as a hydrating mask.  It feels wonderful as it's being applied and has an incredible light orange cream scent.  The Skinn Wrinkle Soak Watermelon Mask is a nice hydrating mask too.  It smells just like a Jolly Rancher watermelon candy

You might alse be interested to check out the Borghese Fango Masks on Evine.  I've been using the "Active" and love it.  There are others in the line that will firm, hydrate, etc. They're expensive, but you get a lot of product so it'll last a long time.  If you decide to try any of the Fango masks, I'd recommend finding the one you want in a smaller size on eBay first, to see it you like it.  If you do, you can find bigger sizes next time or watch for a sale on Evine.

Respected Contributor

Andalou face masks that I find at Whole Foods or online.  Their glycolic mask packs just the right zing so you know it's working.  Their rose is lovely and hydrating.  They have a great skin food nutrition mask packed full of great ingredients, too.  Be warned it has cocoa so it will stain towels or clothing if you're not careful.  

For some reason my skin is very sensitive to masks.  Probably because you leave them on for a prolonged amount of time.  Borghese, PTR, and Skinn all give me a reaction and I don't think I have especially sensitive skin.  I haven't figure out the common ingredient that prolonged exposure is causing my skin to fuss.  It's very likely I just have a sensitivity to one little thing and you will not.  Refardless, I highly rec the Andalou masks.