Trusted Contributor

Can't wait for Holiday Return period to being

Always great when this begins, gives me and my giftee's time to use early holiday presents to see if they like them. I know it usually begins late Sept. I Called CS to find out the date, they hadn't been notified yet, but said usually around the 20th.

I know they start showing it, talking about on tv/web, just wanted to know ahead of time.

Get your lists ready!

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't wait for Holiday Return period to being

@skittles2 wrote:

Always great when this begins, gives me and my giftee's time to use early holiday presents to see if they like them. I know it usually begins late Sept. I Called CS to find out the date, they hadn't been notified yet, but said usually around the 20th.

I know they start showing it, talking about on tv/web, just wanted to know ahead of time.

Get your lists ready!

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

@skittles2  I wondered how that worked. They’re pushing to purchase for the holidays, but folks have all that time into Jan. to return it?

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Get your lists ready!

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

I just looked at an item online, it's on the extended return plan.

I think it was today's TSV, the NFL items

Honored Contributor

Anything purchased during x-mas in July or any holiday shows since fall under the holiday return period.  Then it will officially start for all products.

Everytime I see this I can only imagine how many people take advantage of the shopping channels.     

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Anything purchased during x-mas in July or any holiday shows since fall under the holiday return period.  Then it will officially start for all products.

Everytime I see this I can only imagine how many people take advantage of the shopping channels.     

I can imagine how many people use up beauty items or wear clothing for the season and then return. Wonder how they sleep at night

Respected Contributor

Agree, & this is probably absorbed to cost of s/h through out the yr. WE all pay for their returns & 1/2 used products. Another reason why QVC prices are slightly above retail. I can understand a 30 day return policy, but not 2-3 months.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can imagine how many people use up beauty items or wear clothing for the season and then return. Wonder how they sleep at night

Just my experience; I buy holiday gifts starting in Sept from the Q, for friends/family and myself. If it's skincare, I give them early, so they have at least 60 days to try them. Most have kept the product and gone on to continue to buy them from Q.

I've found most skincare long term results,  don't really happen within 30 days. Skincare should be extended more than 30 days, and Customer Service has verified some companies do allow past 30, and more department stores are extending for a very long time.

Nordstrom's return policy is across the board for all of their products, and skincare, you can use the entire product, return if it doesn't give you results, or causing problems for your skin, no questions asked. I'm sure some people take advantage, but many people keep the product and continue to buy.

Seeing results take 60, 90 days, or longer, for most products. I need that return period to see if a product is helping. So thankful for holiday return policy when I'm not purchasing from other stores who have long returns all year long. 

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

I was thinking that the other day.  Skincare items should have more than 30 days to try.  Also, I think they need to continue the holiday return policy.  I shop early and, of course, the people I gift to don't get the gift until Dec. 24  so the Jan. 31 date works out well.  (not too many presents are from QVC any more though)

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think the same.