Honored Contributor

Calling @Shanus

[ Edited ]

Sorry to bother.  I usually don't keep up with the behind the scenes of makeup companies, but has there been an appreciable loss of revenue in regard to facial makeup products?

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling @Shanus

[ Edited ]

Hello @ECBG. My crystal ball's a little foggy today, but it's obvious many women aren't wearing as much makeup while masks are covering faces. I do know that Belk's has been running 15%-20% off all makeup. Bobbi Brown and individual companies like Estée Lauder, Lancôme, etc. have sent me emails re: sales on their sites. 

The fact that MAC is taking a stab on Q is a sign they need some exposure. Whatever stores are open in the mall, obviously there's less foot traffic. Many makeup purchases are impulse...just walked by, tempted by the displays, colors, etc. Since you can't dabble in testers anyway, companies are depending on online sales and shoppers. 

My last trip to Nordstrom's makeup area (a few months ago), you could hear crickets. The sales associates at counters were minimal, too. BTW, Sephora is now running a 50% off sale...almost 10 pages of choices online. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Thank you.  I have 1 1/2 bottles of my Bobbi Brown foundation, plus a new face powder, so I'm set.  "Set" lol!  get it?

I'm jealous you have a Nordstroms.  I'd love to go in one that wasn't just a small satellite.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Our Nordstrom is nowhere as big as the stores in VA and DC that I went to 5 yrs. ago when both kids lived there. Each time we've been back to go museum hopping, I would stay at a hotel between two big malls: Nordstrom and huge Macy's w/ stores on one side and Neiman Marcus & Saks + stores on the other. Talk about having sweet dreams!! 😜

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Our Nordstrom is nowhere as big as the stores in VA and DC that I went to 5 yrs. ago when both kids lived there. Each time we've been back to go museum hopping, I would stay at a hotel between two big malls: Nordstrom and huge Macy's w/ stores on one side and Neiman Marcus & Saks + stores on the other. Talk about having sweet dreams!! 😜

@Shanus I'd love to meet you and go shopping.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  Ha! You really think you could keep up with me?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  Ha! You really think you could keep up with me?

@Shanus Absolutely!  No one here can keep up with me here, although I DO have my barings set here!!!Smiley Happy