Honored Contributor

...to me, when I see her using this, it looks like it does nothing.  Does anyone else have it and if so, is it any better than the Conair?

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

...to me, when I see her using this, it looks like it does nothing.  Does anyone else have it and if so, is it any better than the Conair?

I agree with you!  When Maria comes on and does her hair it doesnt lookany different at all.  Her hair looks bad.  I dont get it.  She comes on with a different tool about every 3 months.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday    My thoughts exactly.  I've watched her several times and can't see that this device does a thing to improve or even change the hair.  If her own hair is an example, I'll pass.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've had a couple of her items... seem they are overrated...would not order again..

Respected Contributor
Have yet to see anyone really happy with any Calista products. Have no clue why the Q continues to offer these sub standard products. Luckily, no one is forced to buy.
Respected Contributor

I have the round brush perfector that was a tsv long ago and love it.  I have fine hair and use it after I blow my hair dry to add smoothness and a bit of curve to the style.  I wear a bob and need something to just set the style and tame the frizzies.   I have the one that you can change the barrels and use it every time I wash and dry my hair.  I also use it to re-direct the cow lick at my crown and add volume to my bangs.  A couple of passes and I am done.  My favorite hair tool.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

You are correct, it does nothing.

Honored Contributor

I bought today's TSV when it was a TSV in December 2021. After some practice, I was able to achieve the look I wanted. My hair is thick, wavy, and a couple inches past my shoulders.

I used to use a flat iron to smooth out my hair and flip the ends either up or under. It took a lot time, and even though I used heat protectant spray, I was concerned about damage from the flat iron. This device allows me to quickly smooth out my hair a bit and flip the ends up. I think it causes less damage than my flat iron. It's not going to straighten and smooth like my flat iron, but it gives me a bit of casual style that's less "perfect looking". I use the Calista more often than my flat iron now. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have sent back the tools from her.  Total junk with no staying power.  Looks good for a few minutes, that's it.

Her hair look terrible anytime she is on so I buy nothing  from her at all.  I believe she is Shawn's stylist, enough said. 

Esteemed Contributor

DECIDED TO TRY IT AS I NEVER HAD A TOOL FROM CALISTA.

HAVE STRAIGHT HAIR {A BOB} WITH THICK BANGS.  USE A FLAT IRON AFTER THE DYSON TO MAKE IT REALLY SMOOTH.

LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING THIS A TRY!  THE SNAKESKIN WAS MY CHOICE.

HAVE A GREAT AFTRNOON!