Honored Contributor

Wow. Does anyone know of a dupe without all those scary ingredients? It's just what I've been looking for.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Wow. Does anyone know of a dupe without all those scary ingredients? It's just what I've been looking for.

@Judaline   Haven't checked out this one. What scary ingredients? Many foundations now have skincare added, which I try to avoid.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus why? Is it bad?

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79   I prefer to use my own skincare before foundation. There are also no details re: % of each added skincare...how much primer?Silicones? SPF? Vit. C? Pepetides?

Sometimes all of this can cause extra pilling. I also do not wear foundation on neck or chest, so cannot depend or prefer these foundations.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline   Haven't checked out this one. What scary ingredients? Many foundations now have skincare added, which I try to avoid.

The first sunscreen ingredient is one of those that's on the 'bad guy' list I think-octinoxate. It's known to damage the immune system. Then there are the Peg-9 and Peg-10 ingredients which we've been warned to stay away from for years. Some others I can't spell. All in all, sounds pretty bad. Otherwise, a beautiful product haha.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline   Just checked ingredient deck....WHOA! I'd never use it.

Google cushion foundations and maybe clean beauty ones to see what else is avail. Also $82 seems really expensive IMHO.

I'll check also to seeif I find a dupe.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline   I seem to remember that Lancome has a cushion type foundation under $50 and another is L'Oreal on Amazon for under $15. You may want to check those for ingredients.

Honored Contributor

What does a cushion foundation do?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

What does a cushion foundation do?

I don't exactly know. I only know it looks like it goes on like a powder that you press onto your skin and there's sunscreen in it (not a mineral one!) Sounds easy and won't disturb the serums, etc. that I already applied. I was thinking maybe it would only sit on top of my skin and won't go INTO my skin. But I'm still not ready to throw caution to the wind. No clue about the cushion, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline   Just checked ingredient deck....WHOA! I'd never use it.

Google cushion foundations and maybe clean beauty ones to see what else is avail. Also $82 seems really expensive IMHO.

I'll check also to seeif I find a dupe.

I'm glad you agree!