Frequent Contributor

Where do you measure to find out the brush size?  I think I have a

3/4 one but I do not know where to measure.

Honored Contributor

@Salreg wrote:

Where do you measure to find out the brush size?  I think I have a

3/4 one but I do not know where to measure.

@Salreg   Use a tape measure and wrap it around the brush to the circumference. I assume that's how they determine the sizes. 

Honored Contributor

I would venture a guess that it's either circumference or diameter.  

It's easy enough to measure both or either.

Respected Contributor

I think it would be a good idea for Maria McCool to indicate the size ON the item.  So many times I've wondered if the size of the appliance I have is 3/4" or 1".  Surely it wouldn't be a big deal to have it printed somewhere, maybe on the handle.  That being said, the first generation of her appliances usually are not as good as the second time they come around.  They're usually improved in one way or another.  I'd love to see the barrel size added in the future.  Just my two cents.

Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

I think it would be a good idea for Maria McCool to indicate the size ON the item.  So many times I've wondered if the size of the appliance I have is 3/4" or 1".  Surely it wouldn't be a big deal to have it printed somewhere, maybe on the handle.  That being said, the first generation of her appliances usually are not as good as the second time they come around.  They're usually improved in one way or another.  I'd love to see the barrel size added in the future.  Just my two cents.

I wouild like to see the barrel size printed on all items of this sort, in all brands.  It would be helpful.

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

I wouild like to see the barrel size printed on all items of this sort, in all brands.  It would be helpful.

Exactly!! I want to order another one, slightly larger but I cannot figure out sich size mine ARE!

Respected Contributor

i think she has a tsv, coming up. does anyone know what it is?

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista Tools

[ Edited ]

The measurement is given as the diameter of the barrel, excluding the bristles.

To measure your barrel place the brush on top of a ruler, or tape measure, then from above look straight down and observe how wide the barrel with the ruler beneath it.

The barrel on my brush is 1-1/4" diameter:

DSCN0244.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Thank you.  The picture really helped.