Trusted Contributor

Ulta has an on line only 32 oz bottle of CMB.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Crispy Marshmallow Bars Shampoo, Shower Gel, And Bubble Bath

Item #:2284040
32.0 oz (Supersized)

This ooey gooey, Crispy Marshmallow Bars Shampoo, Shower Gel, And Bubble Bath by Philosophy is a special treat for the fall season.

$27.00
Cindy
Regular Contributor

FlyersGirl,

Sorry to dampen the excitement but it is old stock. I already saw it at Ulta and got excited but noted lot the numbers on the bottom are from 2013!!!

Bummer!

HTH

Pink

Trusted Contributor

Hi Pink

I am not surprised. A lot of the stuff that is sold at places like Marshalls is also old stock. I am leary about skin care products, but I usually am ok with the "old" shower gels. I have some in my stash that are from (way too many) years ago. Can you say "Empowermint"? Lol Empowermint was one of my faves and I still have a bottle of the shower gel and a jar of the scrub that I am hoarding. I just opened a sealed bottle of Mulling Spices which I think was from a couple of years ago and it was fine. Cool

Cindy

Honored Contributor

I still have an uber of CMB from when it first came out and it's as good as new. It has to be at least 2 to 3 years old. Aren't all the ubers Ulta sells from years back? Or at least most of them?

Trusted Contributor
On 1/15/2015 colliemom3 said:

I still have an uber of CMB from when it first came out and it's as good as new. It has to be at least 2 to 3 years old. Aren't all the ubers Ulta sells from years back? Or at least most of them?

I asked one of the managers at my Ulta about this and she told me that, yes, many of these are old stock or surplus stock that was destined for a specific retailer who decided they did not want or need the volume that was produced. So Ulta will pick up on these deals and offer them on the web. Typically they don't have enough stock to send to the stores so they just offer these are web only exclusives. I like that they get some of these specials. Last year, I got 32oz Brown Butter cookie and a 32oz Senorita Margarita when I had a 20% off coupon (one of the few that lets you use it on philosophy). I know the BBC was at least a year or so old but I was happy to get it since it wasn't around anywhere. It was also perfect when I opened it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Cindy

Super Contributor

I am on my last bottle of CMB right now (it's a 32oz bottle from 2010). I just opened it up a few months ago and it is PERFECT!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I'm definitely restocking!

FlyersGirl, I also grabbed the 32oz Brown Butter Cookie (and the 32oz Mango Tango Ice Cream) from Ulta the last time they popped up there. Both were PERFECT! I'm very happy that Ulta does this, so it gives me a chance to snag some more 'oldies but goodies' when you can't find them anywhere else. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ETA: The Ulta online store finder tool indicated that the stores around me had it in stock. I called this morning, and they told me that the shipment came yesterday, but that the CMB had already sold out! So I guess I will be ordering mine online instead LOL.