Honored Contributor

Re: CLINIQUE - anyone a fan?

I love their Take the dayy off Cleanser-very similar to It Cosmetics Cleansing Balm.....I also love Clinique's lipsticks-great colors and super creamy, and prices are good! Years ago I tried a really nice Bronzer from them, but no longer see it on their site.....

Respected Contributor

These are the Clinique Products that I like:

Moisture Surge

Chubby Stick Moisturiing Colour Balm (I like the mighty mimosa shade. It is very sheer, but very moisturizing).

Different Lipstick (I like the shade Rasberry Glace).

The Clinique Products that I am not a fan of--

eyeshadows and blushes-- they are hard to work with.  I can still make them work, but they take a lot more effort to blend.  My $5 wet-n-wild eyeshadow pallet is better and easier to work with than my Clinique shadows. And my NYX ombre blush (I think they are around $5) are better than my Clinique blushes, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...have always used Clinque.....love their eye liner..and the chubby sticks.....eyeshadow, blush, etc....

Honored Contributor

Clinique 3 Step Skincare is extremely old school. That's not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good either. FYI, here's the ingredient deck for the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +

Water\Aqua\Eau , Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minérale , Glycerin , Petrolatum , Stearic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil , Urea , Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Propylene Glycol Dicaprate , Sodium Hyaluronate , Butylene Glycol , Pentylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Phenoxyethanol , Yellow 6 (Ci 15985) , Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) , Red 33 (Ci 17200)

Mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin alcohol. Good ingredients in their day, but not what would be featured in a modern facial formulation. Maybe for the body. Everyone's milage obviously varies. And if you love it, great!

Clinique does have some nice color cosmetics. I like the eyeshadows and lip colors sometimes.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

Love Clinique... I have used the Dramatically Different Gel for years... ever since it came out. It is my HG moisturizer for the mornings under sunscreen and makeup.

I love all the variations of Moisture Surge.  Eye creams are ok, but I don't use them much anymore as I found others I like more. 

I love all the variation of lip color they have now. I have about five of the Black Honey. They are stuck everywhere, my makeup table, my desk at work, my handbag, etc. 

I love their eyeliners. Two of my HG's are Black Honey Intense ( I can only find it at Sephora) and Egytian. 

I like the #1 exfoliating lotion. The others are too strong for my sensitive skin. I love all their cleansers and have  a couple of each I rotate through. 

I love their gentle loose powder.. always have some of that on hand. 

I have never had much luck with their foundations. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the eyeshadow quad in pink chocolate. I really like it.

Valued Contributor

The  take the day off balm is my favorite cleanser and I also like mascara.

Regular Contributor

@DisneyDiva1 if you were to ask me what my newest favorite skin care item is I must say it is the seven day scrub. I have samples of it but never used it thinking that the little balls would be too harsh on my skin but the other day I was soo flaky I decided to try it. After a few times of trying it my skin feels a lot smoother and little pustules seem to be coming out of my congested pores so I will definitely be ordering a bigger bottle. I’m thinking about trying the charcoal scrub that might work just as well.

All about eyes serum rollerball ....I’ve use this since it’s Debut approx 10+ years. I use the all about eyes Rich eye cream best Eye cream around.

I just ordered four bottles of clinique liquid cleanser from Macy’s for half off. I do like their bar soaps as well.

I don’t use any of their clarifying lotion‘s because I don’t do well with salicylic acid or alcohol. I would really like and I am requesting that clinique develops a clarifying lotion with alpha hydroxy acid‘s or glycolic acid‘s fragrance free. I use the proactiv cleansing toner now with AHA. I am afraid that they’ll probably be discontinuing this so please clinique develop a clarifying toner with a glycolic acid version of your toner. I don’t know why clinique hasn’t made one with just a glycolic acid rather than the salicylic acid so that’s my next request I would like them to make one. I like it that everything is fragrance free

I always have fig blush on hand for my warm colors and a pink one on hand for my cool colors I’m using Barry Pop right now it’s a little too fucia but it calms down really well.

I love their Matte lipstick but I haven’t figured out a favorite color that I would continue to purchase yet. I use up my little samples and gifts with purchases but I feel that the lipstick stays on all day so I will be ordering those many times.

Most important.....is that the only sunscreen that my husband will use is Clinique for men broadSpectrum SPF 21 moisterizer. He’s tried many that I’ve been throwing at him all these years but this is the only one he will use. He also will use DDML as his moisturizer

I received many compliments on my skin when I used the moisture surge cc cream. I haven’t used it for quite a few years now just because I feel that it settled in my fine lines and wrinkles for some reason, they’re a little worse than they were a few years ago🤔

I always have their hairspray on hand. It’s a little watery and can sometimes get sticky but it works well with wavy hair when you just want to get it a little bit damp and sprayed in place. It’s still fragrance free that really means a lot to me.

Probably missed a few things that I use. I like most of their products because of the fragrance free part and the medium price range. Clinique please develop an alpha hydroxy glycolic acid cleansing lotion that is fragrance free and alcohol free 😍
Frequent Contributor

The seven day scrub is wonderful. I've been using it for years.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I love their Take the dayy off Cleanser-very similar to It Cosmetics Cleansing Balm.....I also love Clinique's lipsticks-great colors and super creamy, and prices are good! Years ago I tried a really nice Bronzer from them, but no longer see it on their site.....

I just found Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and I like it too