Honored Contributor

Re: CLARISONIC...PLEASE DO NOT

@fourpaws56

My understanding is that the best cleanser for congested pores is one which foams.

Best Wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Shanus   I do use a foaming cleanser, I also use Dr. Denise exfolliating pads..I just can't seem to clean out the pores

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@fourpaws56

My understanding is that the best cleanser for congested pores is one which foams.

Best Wishes.

@Drythe. Not always. Cetafil, a gentle thorough cleanser does not foam. Many gel cleansers that contain AHA or other acids do not have to foam. The foaming agent has nothing to do w/ the effectiveness of cleaning out pores. In fact, those can be quite drying.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Shanus   I do use a foaming cleanser, I also use Dr. Denise exfolliating pads..I just can't seem to clean out the pores

@fourpaws56. If the pores are that congested, you may want to consult your dermatologist for a prescription strength product. It’s not only just a cleanser, but what you should or should not be applying afterwards. Bring your skincare products so he/she can see exactly what you’re using....foundations, spf, too. One or more of these may be clogging pores no matter how well you’re cleansing.

Many women try to get a facial for deep pore cleansing. Unless this is done at a medi spa, they cannot do extractions (clear out black heads, etc. w/ a cutting instrument) and if not in a medical environment, they do a hard sell for the products they carry. 

Even medi spas carry skin care. Do not purchase anything. Request sample sizes to see how your skin reacts. If they don’t have samples...their loss. The products are too expensive to purchase full sizes, have irritation or have them not work. 

Lastly, your cleanser may not be the issue. You may be cleaning the pores and then using skin care that’s too rich that may clog them again. SPFs can be heavy/thick.

Honored Contributor

The Clarisonic was too gentle for me.  I ended up with blackheads along the side of my nose, and I haven't had blackheads since I was a teenager.  I went back to my exfoliating Baby Wipes and Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cloths. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

The Clarisonic was too gentle for me.  I ended up with blackheads along the side of my nose, and I haven't had blackheads since I was a teenager.  I went back to my exfoliating Baby Wipes and Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cloths. 

@depglass  Have you tried one of the different brushes that is deep pore cleaning?

Trusted Contributor

Always, always, ALWAYS double cleanse!  I cringe every time I see that demo removing the makeup from their faces - I'm certain the models know to cleanse again, but it's the average unassuming consumer I'm concerned about.  I know its for demonstration purposes, but still...

I have and LOVE my clarisonic for well over 18 years now and my skin is better for it.

Respected Contributor

I only use mine once a day at night. My first step is to use a cleansing wipe to remove as makeup as possible. Then I use my Clarisonic. I don't want all of that makeup in my brush. Once or twice a week, I cleanse my brush with Dawn dish soap. That cleans better than anything that I have tried. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@fourpaws56

Best Wishes.

@Drythe. Not always. Cetafil, a gentle thorough cleanser does not foam. Many gel cleansers that contain AHA or other acids do not have to foam. The foaming agent has nothing to do w/ the effectiveness of cleaning out pores. In fact, those can be quite drying.

@Shanus

Thanks, you must have me confused with another poster. I did not advocate the use of AHA or gel cleaners. I do know they do not have to foam.

My dermatologist does not share your opinion that foaming cleansers have nothing to do with with effectiveness of cleansing pores.  At his recommendation I use a mild foaming cleanser and my skin is great.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

For my nighttime makeup removal/face cleansing, I always use a product such as Clinique's Take The Day Off makeup remover or DHC Olive Cleansing Oil before moving to step 2 using the Clarisonic with a bit of a cleanser such as Purity or CeraVe on the brush.   After more than ten years of using a Clarisonic this has been an effective method for me.  I never use the Clarisonic for morning cleansing because that is when I often use scrubs and masks.  

I do the same as you do. 

I sent my first one back years ago as I thought it may be damaging capillaries, but I ended up loving the 2nd one I bought .  I gave one to a relative a few years ago, she loved her so I thought I'd try it again.

I really like mine now , but I always use a makeup remover first, I only use mine in the evening 3 or 4 times a week, and I use a gentle brush--not the deep pore ones.  Those are too harsh.  I only use a gentle cleanser in the am and not a clairisonic.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"