Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Sometimes I use bronzer as eye shadow too.

I like to use bronzer, highlighter, or blush as eyeshadow. I don't think I have any product labeled contour. I do have bronzer.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I still contour with bronzer.

-------------------------

@RollTide2008 

So do I!  Always have, always will.

Trusted Contributor

"Can You Use Bronzer as Contour? Bronzer can be used as contour if that's what you prefer. Some prefer to do this because cool-toned contour powders and creams can appear gray on some skin tones."

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Since skin color varies so much, bronzers and contours can be interchangeable depending on your particular coloring. Nothing is out-of bounds when it comes to cosmetic applications. You know when something works for you...or not.

Respected Contributor
If I was doing a heavily contoured look, then I’d use a contour. For my every day makeup, a matte bronzer is fine.
Honored Contributor

On the Laura Geller Beauty Facebook page there's a post about adding stucture to the face by using Bronze-n-Brighten. 

Honored Contributor

You know, I've also seen people, both in person and on TV, with a wide white stripe across their cheekbones and some of those are supposed to be the "experts".  I don't think the heavily contoured look of the past where the difference may have mattered is what people are doing now.  

When I started using bronzer as contour, I rarely ever saw a product labeled contour in stores.  Actually, still don't and I shop at both Ulta & Sephora.  It's just not that prominent.  

Honored Contributor

Actually, still don't and I shop at both Ulta & Sephora.  It's just not that prominent.  

Look again. There are several products on Sephora that are listed as Contours. I have three of them and they are all three a contour. A grayish tone to mimic a shadow or enhance the shadowing of your cheek hollow.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Actually, still don't and I shop at both Ulta & Sephora.  It's just not that prominent.  

Look again. There are several products on Sephora that are listed as Contours. I have three of them and they are all three a contour. A grayish tone to mimic a shadow or enhance the shadowing of your cheek hollow.

@monicakm, I didn't say they weren't there, but I was talking B&M stores and just browsing.  Sure, if you go to the website and search specifically for it you'll find it if it's there, but not necessarily browsing the offerings in a B&M store.  But, even the times I have been on the Sephora website looking at things, I have never seen a contour pop up as recommended for me, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My bad. I often think because I can find it online it must be in the store too.  My baby's before I was inside of JCPenney's so it was severely lacking in inventory. I guess that's why I enjoy shopping online so much.