Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Jordan2 , I think BoxyCharm is well worth the money. They advertise it as 4-5 full size products each month and I've always had at least 5 which is nice because once in while there is one I'm not too thrilled with--like a wooden eyeliner or lip pencil. I'll list what's been in each month's box for 2019. 

I got the product list from KathleenLights' reviews because I never save the inserts after opening the box. 

If you're the kind of person who uses minimal makeup, or someone who has no interest in trying new products, you're probably better off using that $21 for your tried and true products. If you're somone who enjoys trying new things then BoxyCharm is definitely worth a try.

January
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask ($24.00)
Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil ($18.00)
Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Palette ($36.00)
Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave in Conditioner ($12.00)
Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick ($20.00)
Overall Value: $110

February
Touch in Sol No Poreblem Primer ($18.00)
Pretty Vulgar Bronzed B. Bronzer ($32.00)
Nudestix Magnetic Luminous Eye Color ($24.00)
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($24.00)
Sol De Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream ($20.00)
Overall Value: $118

March
Wander Beauty Peel Off Mask ($34.00)
Moda Brushes Duo ($29.99)
CoverFX Perfector Face Palette ($45.00)
Appeal Cosmetics Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold ($21.00)
Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Monaco ($20.00)
Overall Value: $150

April
PUR Festival Palette ($36.00)
Luxie Summer Daze Brush Set ($28.00)
Starlooks Celestial Ultra-gem Longwear Eye Pencil ($19.00)
Butter London Power Up Mascara ($20.00)
Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder in Summer Haze ($27.00)
Overall Value: $130

May
Glamglow Gentlebubble Cleanser ($28.00)
Alamar Colorete Blush Trio ($22.00)
Ciate London Eye Lustre Creme Shadow ($22.00)
Bodyography Eyeliner Pencil ($14.00)
Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick ($18.00)
Overall Value: $104

June
Tarte BE YOU. NATURALLY. Eyeshadow Palette ($36.00)
Touch In Sol No Poreblem Prime Essence ($23.00)
Steve Laurant Jelly Highlighter ($26.00)
Dirty Little Secret Lip liner in Pale Pink ($15.00)
Dominique Cosmetics Lemonade Lip Gloss ($17.00)
Overall Value: $134

@SusieQ_2  thank you so much for posting this. I do wonder how easy is it to cancel if I don't like it, I wouldn't want them to automatically charge my credit card. Maybe I'll try it for 3 months. Do you know if you have to get on a waitlist?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , the first time I signed up there was a waitlist but it only lasted for a few weeks. By the time the next month's box was available I was getting one. 

As for payment, they do automatically charge your card each month but it's very easy to unsubscribe--you just have to remember to do it! Once you do unsubscribe be prepared for them to ask you to come back (a lot!). They know it sometimes works--that's how they got me back and that time there was no waitlist. I'm not sure if there's one now. 

If you're on the fence maybe try it for a month or two. As I said it's easy to unsubscribe if it's not for you. 

Honored Contributor

I'm really picky. If I signed up for a subscription box I would end up with a bunch of stuff to declutter. I'd rather go on a mini spree at Ulta. That way I'd wind up with a lip gloss or whatever that I might actually use. And no guilt about a bunch of brand new miscellaneous stuff I'd have no use for.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Jordan2 , the first time I signed up there was a waitlist but it only lasted for a few weeks. By the time the next month's box was available I was getting one. 

As for payment, they do automatically charge your card each month but it's very easy to unsubscribe--you just have to remember to do it! Once you do unsubscribe be prepared for them to ask you to come back (a lot!). They know it sometimes works--that's how they got me back and that time there was no waitlist. I'm not sure if there's one now. 

If you're on the fence maybe try it for a month or two. As I said it's easy to unsubscribe if it's not for you. 

@SusieQ_2 I was reading there is an Ipsy Glam Bag Plus that sells for $25 a month and has 5 full size products. Some people said it's better than Boxy Charm.

New Contributor

I give a yearly subscription to my niece as one of her Christmas gifts.  This is her second year with BoxyCharm after giving her glossybox and ipsy in the past.

I never looked what was in the box, but after seeing the list I think I might have to subscribe for myself.