Honored Contributor

Re: Body wash that you feel add moisture to your skin?

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonMom wrote:

L'Occitane Almond Shower oil.

It leaves your skin so moisturized, you really don't need a moisturizer after your shower.

@KingstonMom 

L'Occtaine is having a 20% off sale.  Just got a text.

@ECBG Thanks!  Time to refill husband's favorite body washes and my volumizing shampoo!  I have used this for at least 20 years.  They do have great body care products.  

Respected Contributor

Ahava 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

The only thing I have found that works like that for me is homemade soap.

I buy from a couple of local farmers that sell it. I also use Beekman's Honey Oatmeal bar. That's all I have been using for a least 25 yrs. I have been using homemade soap well before Beekman went in business. 

I threw out the Perlier Honey body wash I used to use. I noticed when I used it compared to the homemade soap I still felt like it was on my skin after rinsing off. I used my homemade soap to remove the residue.

I think the leftover residue causes the dry skin?

I also take 2 of Andrew Lessman Omega 3 fish oil which I assume has helped. 

@Nightowlz   Do they have online sites I can order from? 

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have been using Philosophy body washes.  At night while laying in bed, I have to scratch various parts of my body that suddenly get itchy.  I think it is dry skin.  Once I get through all the Philosophy body washes that I have, I will have to try something else.

I agree.  Philosophy makes me itch.  I have several bottles left but I have been giving it away this past year.

Cetaphil makes a good body wash that is gentle.  I've also found some goat's milk body wash at TJMaxx that is gentle and nondrying.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with others who say Dove body wash. I recently tried a 2 pack from Sam's that is really moisturizing. One is called Age Embrace and the other one is Moisture Boost. They are both so rich and smell so good. The smell lingers on the skin for awhile after you use. Really good stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Do you have a body wash which you feel you don't really need to moisturize when you get out of the shower?  During the summer I hate to use moisturizer, my cloths stick to me, it holds in heat and I hate the feeling. I know a body wash cannot replace a moisturizer however, hoping to find something that does a decent job to at least use during the summer months.  

@SandGirl 

Don't expect a body wash to do something it isn't supposed to do. 

Of course, there are washes that are less drying, but I think you need to find a moisturizer that works better for your needs .... absorbs quickly and off you go.

The climate you live in also matters .... is it very humid where you live?  

My favorite summer moisturizer is Aveeno.  It does absorb quickly and I like the soothing feeling from the oatmeal in the formula.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this Dove CARE & PROTECT body wash. 

ETA- People say it smells like a spa. I wouldn't know. Never been to a spa but I like the way this smells.Woman Happy Also comes in unscented.

Dove Body Wash For All Skin Types Antibacterial Body Wash Protects from  Dryness, 22 Fl Oz (Pack of 4)

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

The only thing I have found that works like that for me is homemade soap.

I buy from a couple of local farmers that sell it. I also use Beekman's Honey Oatmeal bar. That's all I have been using for a least 25 yrs. I have been using homemade soap well before Beekman went in business. 

I threw out the Perlier Honey body wash I used to use. I noticed when I used it compared to the homemade soap I still felt like it was on my skin after rinsing off. I used my homemade soap to remove the residue.

I think the leftover residue causes the dry skin?

I also take 2 of Andrew Lessman Omega 3 fish oil which I assume has helped. 

@Nightowlz   Do they have online sites I can order from? 

@SandGirl 

No they don't. One has a store in town where they sell it. The other does different events on their farm where I buy it. Their first opening is next Sat. They are closed week before Christmas until late April.

Frequent Contributor

Definitely the Tweak'd body washes.  You don't need a body lotion afterward if you shower with them and use, as Denis says, hot water when you rinse (not lukewarm or cold).  

Honored Contributor

Dove Relaxing Body Wash with Lavender and Chamomile

It has '24 Hour Renewing MicroMoisture' that's plant-based - plus no sulfates.