Esteemed Contributor

Re: Body wash for winter dry skin

@kathie66 wrote:

Fo Dry winter skin I really like L'occtaine Shea Butter Ultra Rich Shower Cream or  L'occtaine Almond Shower Oil. They also have soap bars if you prefer, I like their Extra gentle.

I use the L'Occitaine Almond Shower Oil as well.  It really helps.  

The best thing I have found is to NEVER miss a day of moisturizing.  If I miss and day or two, dry skin comes right back.

Trusted Contributor

For those that like L'occtaine Almond Shower Oil two decent dupes are Dial Marula Oil Bodywash and Trader Joes Nourish Shower and Bath Cleansing Oil with Almond Oil. Although I like the original best, these two dupes are good lower-cost alternatives. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I have super dry skin all year. My go to has always been Dove Wintercare. However, it's getting harder and harder to find. Dove for Sensitive skin has been a good alternative.

@Jacie I love dove body wash. It is thick creamy and luxurious. The price is right too! You don't have to spend a lot for a good body wash. 

Keep in mind when they advertise products with vitamins, and this and that it just goes down the drain. Body wash is not on your skin long enough to get the benefits. 

Respected Contributor

I really want to buy the L'Occitane Almond oil but have trouble justifying the expense. Will look at the dupes.

@shamus I also bathe the way you do. I have Sjogren's Syndrome which causes very dry skin. Not on my face, but my body.

Aveeno makes an oatmeal like mixture that I sometimes through in a bath if I take the luxury. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nivea makes Nourishing Care Body Wash, which I bought but haven't tried yet.  Has anyone tried this?

Honored Contributor

I use a moisture shampoo for body wash.  Less expensve and work great.

Currently - one of the Tresemme moisture line.  A bit diluted conditioner on a wash cloth also works just great.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have dry skin year round. My Derm told me years ago to use a non-soap baby shampoo. I now use Aveeno Baby Wash. Non soap, no sulphates, phalates, or parabans.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’ve using Ivory shower gel. It smells fresh and I’m less itchy.

@RollTide2008 It works for me too!  Look for the ones with the shortest list of ingredients.  It varies from scent and formula.  Mine is more of a creamy wash, so I don't know if it is a gel or just their wash.  

Valued Contributor

I usually use Rainbath by Neutrogena or Dove soap but I've been very dry and discovered a big bottle of Vitabath in my cabinet and I'm enjoying the fragrance and smoothness it gives my skin.

Honored Contributor

I use a lot of body washes but find plain old Dove is the best for moisturizing. And I always, always lotion my whole body after bathing while I'm still damp. I find by always having lotion on really prevents my dry skin especially during the winter months.

"Pure Michigan"