Regular Contributor
Has anyone tried the Tarte body makeup? Are you suppose to choose a color that matches your skin? Or darker if you want a tan? Thanks
Esteemed Contributor

@jobiz I haven't used it in a few years, but the one I used was great.  It was either maracuja or amazonian, so I see the one they are offering now is not identical.  It was waterproof and did not bleed on the clothing.  I went a shade or two darker.  Not quite a tan, but better than my pale arms and legs.  If you want a tan, maybe try a bronzer.  Good luck!

Super Contributor

If you want body make up for coverage, I use 

A375224
Westmore Beauty Body Coverage Perfector Duo. I have lots of freckles and lots of spots on my arms. This covers everything, and you can't tell it's on, no matter how close you get. You can shower carefully with it on, and it lasts about 3 days. I don't know of any other brand that lasts like this.
Honored Contributor

I used to wear self tanners, bronzers, and all that stuff all the time when I was younger.  Oh, boy, what a chore that was!  Maybe these things have improved in recent years??  But quite a few years back, they were splotchy, messy, hard to apply, streaked, ran and did not look real.  

Are they really life-like now?  Easy to apply and lasting?  Worth the trouble??  Do you just apply to your arms and legs --- all over?  Isn't this a lot of work?  

If you find some of thse things to be good, which ones?  I am just curious.  I am very fair and have given up on all that stuff.  I don't wear shorts (yuck --- my legs aren't good any more) but would not mind a bit of life to my arms and lower legs (capri pants) in the summer. 

Thoughts, anyone.  Thanks.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I am wondering the same thing. 😊 

The products I used years ago were not worth the trouble.