Respected Contributor

If I recall didn't QVC have BB Cosmetic shows many years ago ?  I just looked at her page and noticed many products with 5 star ratings. Just wondering why no shows anymore. Do you think it's because her products sell so well ?  Anyone know the real reason ? Contract just ended and not renewed maybe ? Just wondering, thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Bobby Brown Cosmetics

[ Edited ]

Bobbi Brown left her namesake company in 2016 and is no longer affiliated or associated with the Bobbi Brown Cosmetics company or the Bobbi Brown branded products.

She advertises on the TV now under a different product name.

Valued Contributor

Jones Road is the name.

Valued Contributor

i do remember when Bobbi first hit  Nordys , and how

thrilled I was to find a foundation match . I'm light,with 

a yellow undertone  that also needs a little green pigment 

in a foundation.At the time there wasn't much out there 

Honored Contributor

I remember Bobbi Brown had the TSV not too long after I started watching. I already knew about the company, and I bought some of her Shimmer Bricks. 

I bought her TSV. I remember only one of the items in the set - the stick foundation. I really liked it!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Bobby Brown Cosmetics

[ Edited ]

When Bobbi did have shows on Q, Jill B. used to host since she actually did use the products. Bobbi did not just present, she taught for her hour. Most items sold out before presented.

I'm not sure why Q stopped having the products on air since they do sell well no matter who now owns the company. 

***Just be careful since a few items online here have been discontinued, so may not be as fresh as ordering elsewhere. Also the BB site offers frequent sales. They just had 25% off sitewide. 

Respected Contributor

Only BB items I used to buy on Q were here gel eyeliners, in the pot, which I did like. Loved the colors and the smooth application. I will say, though, some colors dried up quicker than others was the only drawback, since you couldn't use those up fast. I mean, it was a good thing there was so much product, but black lasted longer than the browns I got. I actually still have one "duo" eyeliner compact, with two pretty shades of brown, that I haven't used in years. But it's still good to use. I know...not supposed to keep that long, but seem to be fine, don't irritate my eyes or anything.

I once tried a lipstick/lipgloss duo from Q of hers...loved the pretty shade of pink, but hated the consistency of both. The lipstick was drying and the lip gloss, gloppy/sticky. At that time Mally's  and Joan Rivers' glosses, were heads and tails above BB's... in color, application and consistency.

I've not tried any Jones Road...though I was interested in that "glow cream" (I forget what she calls it) that she advertises all over YouTube, that is in a pot. Colors are pretty, but reviews have been mixed to negative..."too much glitter" "not enough color payoff" etc. And I don't need anything right now.

Valued Contributor

I will say my original Bobbi brushes are still going strong,

and are in my daily arsenal. Does anybody remember when

Bobbi was on Oprah and they were doing "make unders" ?

One lady's daily look was "too much" according to the experts 

( not to me, 😅) and when she came out , the  general consensus

in the crowd was "she looked better before "!

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Only BB items I used to buy on Q were here gel eyeliners, in the pot, which I did like. Loved the colors and the smooth application. I will say, though, some colors dried up quicker than others was the only drawback, since you couldn't use those up fast. I mean, it was a good thing there was so much product, but black lasted longer than the browns I got. I actually still have one "duo" eyeliner compact, with two pretty shades of brown, that I haven't used in years. But it's still good to use. I know...not supposed to keep that long, but seem to be fine, don't irritate my eyes or anything.

I once tried a lipstick/lipgloss duo from Q of hers...loved the pretty shade of pink, but hated the consistency of both. The lipstick was drying and the lip gloss, gloppy/sticky. At that time Mally's  and Joan Rivers' glosses, were heads and tails above BB's... in color, application and consistency.

I've not tried any Jones Road...though I was interested in that "glow cream" (I forget what she calls it) that she advertises all over YouTube, that is in a pot. Colors are pretty, but reviews have been mixed to negative..."too much glitter" "not enough color payoff" etc. And I don't need anything right now.

@amyb , I've never tried BB, but I do love a gel eyeliner in a pot.  But, they do dry out quickly which is one reason why I stopped buying them.  I only wear mkeup once a week, so it's just not worth it to have an eyeliner dry out so quickly. 

The other reason is, since I can't wear my readers, I can't tell when my brush hits the gel in the pot, so I often get too much on the brush.  I suppose I could put them on long enough to see that and then pull them off.  

I recently bought the Doll 10 set of 5 eyeliners specifically because she claimed they went on like the gel in a pot liners.  We'll see.  I just got them the other day. I was disappointed in the Belle by Kim Gravel liners.  I know some here love those, but they don't go on easily for me.  I have to keep going over the line to get a line.