Honored Contributor

I just saw on Hoda & Jenna that Bobbi Brown has created a new "clean" makeup line called Jones Road.  Not sure what her definition of clean is.  Just thought Y'all might be interested.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I saw the story too, I guess she is using good for you ingredients. I read she is not going the retail route, you buy directly from her JonesRoadBeauty website.

Honored Contributor

Interesting! I have always liked Bobbi Brown, the makeup and the person, so I will definitely check it out.

Trusted Contributor

I was hoping for a foundation or a tinted moisturizer, but it doesn't look like she has one.    Good to know she has a new line, though.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I went to the website jonesroadbeauty.com and I am not impressed.  Not that many products to choose from.  I wonder who came up with the latest word "CLEAN" because they are taking it to another level.  If you are buying "clean" it would have to be chemical free.  I thought the "Pure" line that use to be on QVC already started "Clean?"

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   She started Bobbi Brown Essentials with a handful of lipsticks. I'm sure since she's a savvy business women, this initial offering is just putting her "toes in the water" with more products to come. On the site, it says cruelty free and lists everything not in the products. I know she'll do well. 

Honored Contributor

The balm she is selling has bismuth oxychloride. Many women are sensitive to it. Amazing she is touting her line as "clean". Bismuth oxychloride is banned in Europe.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   What is sad to me is when entrepreneurs start a beauty co. and then sell it.  Of course, they want to make money but the new owners usually change a lot of products.  However, BB did not change that much but Laura Mercier really changed and I stopped shopping with them.  BB seems like a woman who likes to keep busy and have something going.  I will revisit her site when she adds more products.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

The Fashion Law website has an interesting article about the new Bobbi Brown makeup line and why Bobbi Brown does not use her own name on this new brand called Jones Road.

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/the-legality-behind-bobbi-browns-reemerge-in-beauty-from-non-competes-...

An interesting tidbit from this article is that Bobbi Brown had a 4 year non compete clause from Estee Lauder when she left her namesake company in 2016.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

The Fashion Law website has an interesting article about the new Bobbi Brown makeup line and why Bobbi Brown does not use her own name on this new brand called Jones Road.

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/the-legality-behind-bobbi-browns-reemerge-in-beauty-from-non-competes-...

An interesting tidbit from this article is that Bobbi Brown had a 4 year non compete clause from Estee Lauder when she left her namesake company in 2016.

@TY   Never agreed w/ it, but EL was fearful Bobbi would start another cosmetics company as soon as she left. His company was not trustful.  The non compete clause that she signed was the only way for her move on and get out of a very bad situation seeing her line become the opposite of what she created. 

The "clean beauty" of the new co. stems from her last book about beauty from within. I knew she was up to something BIG because she's been testing natural indie brands, containers, ingredients for years. 

New products and shades will launch shortly. I'm pretty sure it will not be a full makeup line. When she turned 55, like me, she stopped wearing foundation and relied on good skincare and a healthy lifestyle instead of a lot of makeup. The last time we met in NY, she wore only moisturizer, mascara and lip balm...looked fabulous. She's a jeans, tee shirt, blazer and sneakers gal, too...mostly all dressed in black and navy. Conversely, she's worn red nails since doing makeup on top models. She noticed even in jeans & tees, with red nails, they always looked "put together". She's a force to be reckoned with, but also still a friend who never forgets a face. 

*** I had red nails as well while working with her, but can't keep it up now doing jewelry and painting.