Respected Contributor

Other than the too pricey Dyson, does anyone have a fav Blow Dryer they use?  My current blow dryer is still working, 1875 watts of power, but no attachment to concentrate the air flow at the root so I don't think I'm getting as much fullness as I'd like.

I have a Con Air now but I've heard some other brands are pretty good such as Elchim, Beauty Bar, Chi,, etc..  Any recommendations?  I really wouldn't want to spend more than $150.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Yes, my DryBar Buttercup dryer. It died after a year of use. The company has a great warranty policy and replaced it with a brand new one at no cost to me. During the time I was without it I NEVER had a good hair day, depsite using several expensive Babyliss backups I had in the closet. It made me realize what a great hair dryer it is. Hopefully it will hold up. I have friends who have it and they said it's a workhorse that's lasted years so maybe mine was just a freak occurance.

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree about the Drybar.  Great dryer.  I got the Dyson in a moment of weakness.  Tried a few times and returned.  Horrible;  Drybar so much better.

Respected Contributor

Love my GHD. High quality professional dryer. 

Honored Contributor

I have the Rusk w8less hairdryer. It’s the most I ever paid for a hairdryer, I think $80-$85 with a promo code. It’s good, but honestly I have always bought Conair dryers and think they get the job done just fine.

Valued Contributor

I'll stick with my $35 Con Air. It lasts about 5 years then it's time for a new one! 

Honored Contributor

Whatever I find at TJ Maxx that appeals to me. Currently it's a hot pink and black one that does something with minerals to cut down the frizz. It was $30 I think. No complaints.

I went the super expensive, order through your salon dryers. $280, $325 and $380. All died within a year. Yeah, I'll stick with my cheapie from TJ Maxx.

Honored Contributor

I use a $39 Babyliss dryer. Never been happier.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Blow Dryers

[ Edited ]

I have a Conair Ion 1875 I got at Walmart ($20~).

I have the World’s thickest hair.

I can step out of the shower, dripping chin-length hair,

and be completely dry in 10 minutes.  

My stylist (who uses a conair Yellow Bird) taught me the

WAY you dry hair is more important than the appliance. 

Yeah, he laughs at the $$Wen & $$dryers, 

Nothing magic about $150 hot air vs $20 hot air. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with @sidsmom   I use a ConAir that costs me less than $20.  A discount store near us recently had them on sale and I grab a spare for $9 and a spare curling iron for $8