Respected Contributor

I would not ever pay that cost for dyson hair dryer!

I got a really nice Revlon dryer that I really like, It was under $20.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN  A few months ago, I purchased a T3 for $119 from Nordstrom.  It's small, white w/gold trim.  It has a warm and hot setting and a cold setting.  It is lighweight but the BEST part of it is it does not dry my hair out.  You know how some dryers dry the hair out,  there is something in the dryer that prevents this from happening.  Dries the hair quickly too.  My advice to you would be to get a dryer that advertises that is does not dry the hair.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have had a T3 for many years. Always use low to dry. My hair is fairly short and it doesn’t take long. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blow Dryers

[ Edited ]
Braun super volume salon twist with long diffuser 'fingers'.
Valued Contributor

I have an Elchim that I've been using for at least 4 years and I really like it.  I bought online since I couldn't find it locally but Ulta carries them now.  They are on the pricey side but nowhere near the price of a Dyson.

Valued Contributor

I feel the correct hairdryer is just as important as shampoo and hair products.

I have thick hair that takes forever and LOVE my SuperSalono hairdryer. Purchased on folica.com more than 5 years ago! If it goes, I will surely get another.

Esteemed Contributor

If I had long, hard-to-manage hair, I might have a different opinion.  But, for me and my short hair, any small travel-size will do.  I can't hold anything big and heavy and style my hair at the same time.  I had a fold-up Sunbeam blow dryer for about 20 years.  When it finally conked out last year, I bought a $15 Conair at Walmart.   Works for me!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Blow Dryers

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Other than the too pricey Dyson, does anyone have a fav Blow Dryer they use?  My current blow dryer is still working, 1875 watts of power, but no attachment to concentrate the air flow at the root so I don't think I'm getting as much fullness as I'd like.

I have a Con Air now but I've heard some other brands are pretty good such as Elchim, Beauty Bar, Chi,, etc..  Any recommendations?  I really wouldn't want to spend more than $150.

@jellyBEAN   I have a drugstore/Target/ULTA dryer (I think Revlon or Conair...under $40. I needed a concentrator attachment, hair can get too hot w/o it, but more important to me was a diffuser attachment for my curly hair. I’ve never seen the need to have a more expensive dryer. 

I will add I use a turbie twist out of the shower and don’t start using a dryer until 50% of water is absorbed. I think it’s healthier for hair to not start drying when hair is soaking wet...exposed to direct heat for too long.

Super Contributor

I love my T3! I have thick curly frizzy hair and it dries it so much faster and sleeker.  I found it at Sam's several years ago.  I immediately went back and got the T3 flat iron!  

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by my T3 blow dryer. It isn't too noisy, dries my hair in half the time and leaves it in good condition. No more straw hair. It's a bit more than the Conair brand (which is what I used for years) but it lasts. My husband even has one now because he used mine and didn't want to give it back. LOL