Honored Contributor

20180126_074136.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

A neighbor turned me onto Bio-Oil last year to help heal a sscar on my foot.  The scar has healed quite neatly and I'm pleased as I had resigned myself to thinking it would b a permanent ugly mess.  Of course I had to try the product on other body parts and I have been quite satisfied. Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

A neighbor turned me onto Bio-Oil last year to help heal a sscar on my foot.  The scar has healed quite neatly and I'm pleased as I had resigned myself to thinking it would b a permanent ugly mess.  Of course I had to try the product on other body parts and I have been quite satisfied. Woman Happy  

Researching oils on YT! Reason purchased face extremely dry. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

First ingredient is mineral oil, last is artificial dye, neither of these make for a quality product, just my personal opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bio-Oil💋

[ Edited ]

wrote:

First ingredient is mineral oil, last is artificial dye, neither of these make for a quality product, just my personal opinion. 

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Do appreciate your replying. Thus far enjoying results. No issues with sensitive reactions. My skin would instantly let me know if this was a problem. Thanks again! ⚘

Valued Contributor

I found this on the Paula's Choice site: 

Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most non-sensitizing moisturizing ingredients ever found. Mineral oil and petrolatum are known to be efficacious in skin replenishing and are also among the most effective, established moisturizing ingredients available. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bio-Oil💋

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most non-sensitizing moisturizing ingredients ever found. Mineral oil and petrolatum are known to be efficacious in skin replenishing and are also among the most effective, established moisturizing ingredients available. 

Hi Tsukiko..

Love your name! May I please know the meaning? The dramatic response to my dry skin since Bio-Oil! Nothing short of miraculous. Face no longer feels dehydrated. Apply on face neck and decollete. Rub on my nails. Thanks for sharing this information!!❣

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Tsukiko..

Love your name! May I please know the meaning? The dramatic response to my dry skin since Bio-Oil! Nothing short of miraculous. Face no longer feels dehydrated. Apply on face neck and decollete. Rub on my nails. Thanks for sharing this information!!❣

Thank you! Tsukiko is a character in a book I read years ago called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It also means moon child and I love all things celestial.

As for the baby oil they wouldn't put it in baby products of it was bad for you. I also used Bio Oil on my neck along with Aquaphor when I was having issues with dryness and extremely irritated skin there. Worked like a charm. 👍

Honored Contributor

Pleasse dont misunderstand or misquote. I never said it was bad for you, just that it is the cheapest skin care ingredient available, and the molecule is so large it can barely penetrate the skin. It is made from oil like motor is, petro. This is why the skin care gurus who use it never mention it, and the ones who dont always tell you they dont such as Josie Maran.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Pleasse dont misunderstand or misquote. I never said it was bad for you, just that it is the cheapest skin care ingredient available, and the molecule is so large it can barely penetrate the skin. It is made from oil like motor is, petro. This is why the skin care gurus who use it never mention it, and the ones who dont always tell you they dont such as Josie Maran.

@Shelbelle, yes, and I cringe every time Josie or some other vendor talks about it as if a company just takes it off oil rigs.

From Healthline:

Petroleum jelly (also called petrolatum) is a mixture of mineral oils and waxes, which form a semisolid jelly-like substance. This product hasn’t changed much since Robert Augustus Chesebrough discovered it in 1859. Chesebrough noticed that oil workers would use a gooey jelly to heal their wounds and burns. He eventually packaged this jelly as Vaseline.

Petroleum jelly’s benefits come from its main ingredient petroleum, which helps seal your skin with a water-protective barrier. This helps your skin heal and retain moisture. Read on to learn what else you can use petroleum jelly for.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland