Valued Contributor

Best mascara and eyeliner for very sensitive eyes?

[ Edited ]

I've never had issues until just recently. Now my eyes itch when I use those two products. Right now I have Maybeliine mascara and It eyeliner.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best mascara and eyeliner for very sensitive eyes?

My eyes are pretty sensitive (medical issues), and I have never had a negative reaction  using any Lancome mascara. I understand Lancome does not claim to have any hypoallergenic properties, but for me they are.  Whenever I stray to another brand regardless of how delicate it is supposed to be formulated I usually have problems. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never been able to use a drug store mascara.  Every one has bothered my eyes.  I use Too Faced Better than and religiously replace it every 90 days.  Have had no problems at all.

Also gave up on most eye liner.  I use a dark eye shadow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clinique claims to test and re test until no one in the test group has a reaction . It causes the least problems of any 

eye makeup I’ve tried so far, but I still wind up with eyes that look like I’ve been on a bender 😥.

Tried Almay and Phys. Formula......both gave me problems.

Esteemed Contributor

My eyes are super sensitive (as well as my skin) and water quite a bit. (I have allergies, etc.) What works for me is Bobbi Brown mascara and eye liner gel. It stays on and soesn't clump in the corners of the eyes. I won't use anything else. Hope it works for you. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve been using Clinique for so many years simply because of sensitive skin. 

From time to time I try something else but most likely return to Clinique. 

I’ve tried Mally liners and love them. I’ve also used LG liners and mascaras and love them too.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies!

Honored Contributor

@Nadine  At one time Maybelline had hypoallergic mascara but it could be only in some of the mascaras.  Try Clinique or Almay.  Make sure you stick with the hypoallergic.  It happened to me many years ago that I became allergic to a certain mascara.  It was a horrible experience.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had a friend who had mascara put on at the Clinique counter and was clawing at her eyes 15 minutes later.  Not all of their products are hypoallergenic.

I'd try Physician's Formula or Bare Minerals, both of which are recommended by dermotologists.  I know they sell PF at CVS drugstores.

Honored Contributor

I have sensitive eyes and cornea problem; there is no way in this world that I would ever use eyeliner.  Anybody's eyeliner.  I do use mascara because that's only on my lashes, I don't apply it to the lash line so there's no danger of a mishap.