Honored Contributor

Re: Best mascara and eyeliner for very sensitive eyes?

Almay mascaras and liners. They advertise hypoallergenic.  I've used their One Coat Thickening Mascara and it's nice.

Esteemed Contributor

I have sensitive eyes also....use Clinique powder/water resistant eye liner

Valued Contributor

I find that black mascara irritates my eyes more than brown mascara.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine@kelsey17@SilleeMee@chrystaltree@ECBG

during the last 10 years, my skin and eyes seemed to slowly change. 

I have mostly stopped wearing m/u, except for Cle de Peau concealer (or NARS)

I wear Malloy mascara for a few hours when I can, and still use Mineral Fusion eyeliner pencil.

The last time i tried wearing the eye m/u, it felt like ants running around on my eyes.  My derm said my skin condition at the time (peri-oral dermatitis) would just becaggravated if I wore it.  He got that condition cleared up for me though. YAY🎉 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I've experienced the same thing with quite a few eyeliners but mostly eyeshadows and eyelid primers.  I can tell you this, it can be an expensive and difficult process to see which works for you.  I found out that the FDA does not regulate hypoallergenic and any company can use that term solely as a marketing tool. 

It's tedious, but I suggest you first lool to see if there are any ingredients that the two products you're now using have in common.  Buy new products without those ingredients. After much investigating, I found the offenders for me were products with talc and mica. Then just try different products and to minimize the cost, see if they are returnable for a refund. 

If you do a google search of non allergy eyeliner and mascara you can find a vast amount of information of what's worked for others including lists of products to try.  It's great that almost every product lists their ingredients on the package and online. If that fails, call the cosmetic company and they are very helpful.  Good luck to you.

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try Clinique and hope for the best.

Respected Contributor

I have had many eye problems and I have used "Blinc" mascara for years. It is a tube mascara and slides off.